Children and the Law

What can you do if your parents adopt you without adoption papers?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-11-13 10:01:10
2005-11-13 10:01:10

In many cases when adoption papers haven't been signed this is a good indication that either someone in the family was pregnant with you and for reasons of their own could't look after you, so your adoptive parents took over. Even a friend of one of your adoptive parents. Most adoptions that are legal are in the records of that adoption agency and the papers are for protection purposes so that child can never be taken away from the adoptive parents. Please sit down with your parents and tell them you are old enough for the truth. Assure them you still love them, but you feel a large void in your life and you need to know who your real parents are so you can get on with your life. I doubt they will refuse, but if they do, you can either try to find out the adoption agency, or if this is too hard hire a detective to find out who your parents were. Good luck Marcy


Related Questions

If your parents are not your biological parents and have adopted you and made themselves your legal guardians then they would have to have adoption papers or it wouldn't be legal.

When you adopt without an adoption agency it is called a private adoption.

No. When you leave a child for adoption the papers you sign mean that you are legally prevented from being that child's parent again. The final decision on who will adopt a child is the courts even if the adoptive parents say yes in this case. The adoption can be reverted so the child is up for adoption again if they feel they are not his parents but the biological parents can not adopt him.

To place a child for adoption or to adopt a child. Either one, the answer is the same. A lawyer or adoption agency.

Yes, if she signs adoption papers.

Then it's not a adoption and is illegal. You have to have papers to show who the child is and where he comes from etc. You might loose the child and go to prison. This is also for the best of the child. If he wants to find out about his past one day and to make sure he has not been illegally taken from his parents. To have a proper and legal adoption you have to go through an agency and get evaluated.

A Love Beyond Borders is a good international adoption agency that allows single parents to adopt.

yes, if you're married you cannot singly adopt.

A semi closed adoption is when the parents giving up the baby get to chose the adoptive parents that are eligible to adopt but there is no contact and no exchange of identifying info between the two parents

Any parent looking to adopt should check with their city/state about kids up for adoption. Contact a local adoption agency to find out who is up for adoption. Make sure you know if you want to have an open or closed adoption (open is the birth parents can contact the child closed is they can not) and be prepared for adoption to be set up and then fall though (the birth mother/father stop the adoption process).

Adoption is usually used to establish a legally accepted parent-child or custodial relationship. If your sister-in-law is a minor without custodial parents, it might be possible to adopt her, but as your child, not as your sister. Consult an attorney familiar with adoption law in your area, petition the courts and see if it works.

You can't since she's not interested but if you want to be put up for adoption you first need to contact a social worker and speak to your parents. Without their permission or if they are found to be bad parents you have to stay with them.

Not necessarily, however having the biological parents consent to the adoption makes the process much easier and faster. And having no parents rights is not the same thing as giving his consent. With or without his consent, however the adoption process is possible.

Both biological parents have to sign their rights away or there will be no adoption.

No, only the parents decide this and the adoption papers is the only legally binding contract a minor can sign. When it comes to your child you have the same rights as an adult. No one can force you to keep the child, abort or give it up for adoption.

The only way birthparents could adopt their child back is if the adoptive parents put the child up for adoption and agreed to give the child back to the birthparents. Once the child is adopted, the birthparents cannot force the parents to give the child back.

Yes you have to go they Chickasaw adoption process!

some adopt kids when they cant have them or if they were gay or a lesbian and they want a baby then they will have to adopt. i have a friend who's adopted. she really loves her adoption parents even though she wishes she knew her birth parents also. adopting is very kind in my opinion.

Adoption is a legal procedure that requires the meeting of health, psychological stability and economic criteria on the part of the party wanting to adopt the individual. This requires an intense scrutiny by the authorities in your jurisdiction. Just being eighteen does't make it as a justification. Generally adoptive parents are preferable to the courts rather than single parents . The adopted party must be available for adoption (a child without parents or support).

No that would be selling your child which is illegal. An adoption have to go through a agency with all the legal papers filled in to be valid.

You do not. You can adopt a child, but not give them up.

Yo can't. You need the tag, which has a secret code that you type in at the Adoption Center.

When you are king or queen, you will have the option to make the factory an adoption centre or whorehouse. If you want kids without sex choose adoption centre and it will be in bowerstone industrial.

Yes and no.There are more people who want to adopt than newborn babies that are available for adoption.There are more children up for adoption than people willing to adopt them (particularly teens)

Adoption is a long, hard process that can take many years. However, there are many couples and single parents who would be willing to adopt. You can look to an international or local agency.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.