Cancer
Lungs
Lung Cancer

What causes lung cancer other than smoking?

135136137

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-03-04 02:06:58
2011-03-04 02:06:58
  • Radon Gas
  • Asbestos
  • Viruses

mostly smoking though

1
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions

User Avatar

90% of Lung cancer cases are caused by smoking. The other 10%: Passive Smoking Asbestos Fibers Radon Gas

User Avatar

Smoking causes more than 85% of lung cancer and other cancers. There are other ways to get it too, but smoking is a big deal when it comes to lung cancer. SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU!

User Avatar

Lung cells becoming cancerous, Smoking can increase your risk of lung cancer

User Avatar

Lung cancer and mouth cancer, definitely.

User Avatar

No. It causes MANY other health issues, increases your risk for throat cancer and heart disease. And of course lung cancer.

User Avatar

Smoking causes stroke, lung cancer, throat cancer, tumors, oral cancer, emphysema, blindness, heart attack, and other diseases.

User Avatar

The cancer society's view on smoking is that smoking causes at least 80% of lung cancer deaths

User Avatar

It causes lung cancer and death.

User Avatar

Yes! But they don't like dieing from cancer and lung problems and all the other things smoking causes

User Avatar

Smoking causes lung cancer and other types of cancer like throat cancer. The tar products that are used to process cigarettes are worse than the tobacco itself.

User Avatar

Some causes of lung cancer are smoking, or inhaling harmful chemicals such as radon or asbestos.

User Avatar

Lung cancer occurs when something stimulates cells in the lung or lungs to begin to multiply uncontrollably. The most common cause of lung cancer is smoking, although there are other causes, usually involving inhalation of foreign particles.What causes lung cancer? The biggest cause of lung cancer is smoking, approximately 36,000 people in the U.K. die from lung cancer every year, 90% of those lung cancer deaths are from smoking. If you are a non-smoker there is a risk that you can get lung cancer from passive smoking, though the risk is not as high than if you smoke yourself. Passive smoking could be responsible for several hundred, lung cancer cases every year. Another possible cause of lung cancer is exposure to certain chemicals and substances such as asbestos, radon gas and nickel, but this is very rare. Air pollution has also been suspected as a cause of lung cancer, but this has not been proved.

User Avatar

Smoking causes several cancers. (eg.: lung cancer, oral cavity, pancreas)

User Avatar

Smoking causes you lung cancer. That is not communicable.

User Avatar

No, lung cancer is not hereditary. You get lung cancer from smoking.

User Avatar

smoking that i think is for lung cancer though. That's all i no!

User Avatar

It causes lung cancer, and other medical problems...and its just down right icky!

User Avatar

The major cause of lung cancer is strongly correlated with smoking cigarettes. Pipe and cigar also causes cancer. An increased risk of developing lung cancer is passive smoking, the inhalation of tobacco smoke from other smokers. Exposure to asbestos fibers is linked to lung cancer. Air pollution can increase the likelihood of developing lung cancer. And genetics also plays a part.

User Avatar

yes, you can get cancer after smoking.

User Avatar

-smoking causes respiratory problems that leads to lung cancer

User Avatar

It causes bronchitis and lung cancer and heart disease.

User Avatar

If you are asking if smoking causes herpes, the answer is no. It can cause lung cancer.

User Avatar

Smoking causes 90% of lung cancer in men and 80% lung cancer cases seen in women in U.S.

User Avatar

You can get lung cancer by genes, smoking, and exposing your lungs of other harmful gasses.


Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.