I ate out on Friday night and had two cosmopolitans and sweet potato chips over a 2.5 hour period of time. I barely made it home before I started vomiting for two solid hours. I finally made it to bed and when I woke up the next morning, my throat felt like I had swallowed a glass full of pins and my uvula was swollen to the point I could hardly swallow. I actually felt it on the back of my throat and when I tried to swallow, it would get hung up on my tongue and I had to make a conscious effort to put it back. Awful.
Would you determine that I had an allergic reaction to something or did I traumatize my uvula from throwing up for two hours?
I suggest you seek medical treatment asap, but in my opinion an allergic raction would not have been localized to your throat, you would have had issues with swelling, itching and such all over, the alcohol in the drinks may have irritated your uvula on the way out and made it red.
Again do not rely on advice from the internet when you are sick, always seek a Doctors opinion.
A swollen throat is usually caused by an infection, which could be bacterial or viral. Tonsillitis and laryngitis are bacterial infections that can cause an inflammation of the throat.
Swelling of the uvula is a rare condition. It is usually caused by epiglottitis or an allergic reaction to a medication or food.
A cold, the flu, tonsillitis, and strep throat can cause a swollen throat.
a high chance that could be strep throat, a common infection. Go see your doctor
You may be describing Quinke's disease (also called uvular hydrops), an infection of the uvula which can be very irritating and painful. This is treated with antibiotics.
can inflammation of the throat give cancer after a while, and what can i do to decrease inflammation of the throat
It is possible but not likely to die from a swollen throat.
MY suggestion would be research mononucleolus. which I probably spelled wrong. I am no Dr, but I am researching causes tonite on an unsolved swelling throat myself. My throat is not painful just swollen. For a week the antiobiotics are finished and Its still swollen. My Doc asked me if i was tired after looking at me. I was tested for strep (neg) and mono (neg) But she did say mono causes a swollen throat and makes you sleepy so maybe that will help you.
A swollen throat could be due to bacteria, viruses and other irritants as the throat is designed to capture all of these irritants and filter them out before they can cause further havoc. Sometimes it could lead to a throat infection.
You have to get them removed.
Possible upper respiratory infection.
It depends on why your throat is swollen. You may have an infection and need treatment, if you throat is swollen for more than two days I'd recommend a doctor visit. Other than that, a swollen throat from a little cough has gone away with cough drops and hot tea in my experience.
The throat becomes red, swollen, and sore.