bad fuse... always pull, NEVER twist the plug...
Most likely the fuse is blown, many cars have the cigar lighter and the radio on the same circut.
The owner's manual does not state a specific fuse for the cigarette lighter, but it worked a few months ago, and now doesn't. Could it be something else?
To give the lighter structural strength, otherwise the plastic case could just crack in your pocket.
you could have some faulty wiring. take your dash board off and see if any wires are frayed or broken
In your fuse panel on the driver's end of the dash (the cover is visible with the driver's door open ) in location # 17 there is a 20 amp fuse for your cigarette lighter and data link connector - check to see if the fuse is blown , also it could be the lighter itself or an electrical connection problem. (Helpfull)
Probably just the fuse or it could be a lose wire under the dash
Yes, it's called a Power Inverter
If its blowing fuses, then you have a short in that circuit somewhere. Its going to be a tuff process of elimintation to try and find the short, but it will need to be dont to correct your problem. The best place to start is your cigarette lighter. The lighter could have a short, or the terminals on the back side of it could be shorted, or the most common problem, a penny has gotten into the cigar lighter.
If your car cigarette lighter won't pop out, it may mean that either the lighter itself is bad, the fuse is blown, or the wiring is bad. Testing the lighter is rather easy. You could use an ohmmeter to test between the center of the coil and the metal jacket. If nothing happens on the meter, then the lighter is bad. You could test the socket by plugging something else into it. Then from there, if the socket is dead, then you should try looking for its fuse.However, if you mean it is stuck and you cannot pull it out, then the socket or the lighter is broken, or there is an object or substance between the lighter and the socket. It could be anything from spilled drink or rust, to deliberate vandalism.
The lighter itself is toast. There is a short inside so when you click it in too much current is drawn and it blows the fuse. The coil inside has a short.
Not that I've ever found. You could probably put one in, if you're handy around electricity.