Asked in
First Aid

What do you cure yourself for a snake bite?

Answer

User Avatar
Wiki User
March 09, 2016 6:23PM

If the snake was venomous, there is no self-help cure. You need to get medical care promptly. The faster you get to the emergency room, the better your chance of survival.A bite from a non-venomous snake should be wash thoroughly and covered with a bandage for a few days. However, if it was from a larger snake that has caused a nasty laceration, you will need to seek medical help and sutures may be required.


User Avatar
Wiki User
October 16, 2011 7:39AM

Poisonous snake bites need immediate emergency room care because you will need anti-venom to counteract the snake's poison which can spread quickly through your bloodstream.

Non-poisonous snake bites can be treated with soap and water, alcohol and an antibiotic ointment like Neosporin to be prevent infection and then cover it with a bandage. Check the area daily for any signs of infection such as redness, swelling, or pus-like drainage. If present, get yourself to a doctor.