Asked in
Law & Legal Issues
US Army

What do you do if your deceased mother had a lien on some Texas property and it was sold without your signatures and you did not receive any of your mother's money?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 27, 2005 9:15PM

If the lien was against property owned by the mother it had to be paid in full, perhaps there was no money left after that was done. In regards to the "signing" issue, if the persons were not listed on the property title then there was no need for their signature(s). If the deceased held a lien against someone else's property that issue would have to be decided through probate. The best option would be to consult an attorney who is versant in probate/estate law. Most attorney's offer free or minimal fee consultation to explain legal options.