What do you do when you're a very shy girl and you like a very shy guy and people say that you need to talk to him but can't - I think he likes me but he never talks to me?
There are several different ways that you can show someone that you care. One way would be to write a letter to them to let them know how you feel. Most of the time the person will be flattered, and so this plan succeeds a lot more than it fails. Other ideas would be to talk to them by phone, email or text message. This may be easier for you as you won't see their face when you tell them what you feel. And lastly, you can try to get through to the person with small gestures to show that you like them. Such as offering them a drink, smiling and looking directly into their eyes, brushing against them when you walk past and smiling at them, moving a little bit closer to where they are and talking about something that they would like to talk about. If all else fails, keep your fingers crossed, wish hard enough and eventually they may come to you. But don't get your hopes up.
i am exactly like the person asking the question and I've tried almost everything in the above answer and none worked. I'm too shy to call, and I've tried email but he quit answering. I wouldn't try the letter because i was afraid he wouldn't like me. So my advice would be to ask one of your friends to ask him who he likes. Be for warned it doesn't always work.
well, you're shy, and u like him. so u know how he feels with the shyness part. but guys r complicated, and someone has to step up and say hi. or smile, er get him to notice u even more, eventually u will talk to him, if hes in any of you're classes then its easier to talk to him, sometimes u just have to do it, if hes not.
If a shy guy does the following he definitely has a crush on you:
1. Looks at you when you are not looking (looks away when you look at him)
2. Doesn't talk to you when with your friends
3. When trying to initiate conversation, asks dead end questions -
e.g "Did you do your homework?" instead of "How did you get on with your homework?"
4. Ignores you -
This is the most misinterpreted. If he completely ignores you in a public setting he likes you.
If he converses with you and polity excuses himself in a hurry with no real reason he doesn't like you.
5. If he puts you on the spot when conversing with his friends he likes you.
6. If you flirt with each other via text messaging etc frequently and you agree to go on a date and he suddenly stops text messaging he is too shy/scared or broke. He still likes you but will be embarrassed from then on.
7. If he flirts with you via eye contact, you approach him and he says very little but has no intention of ending the conversation, he likes you.
8. If he has known you for a long period of time and is now randomly initiating conversation with you when it is not required (ie. group work in school etc), he likes you.
9. If you casually mention your boyfriend and he takes longer than usual to reply or add on to the conversation, he likes you.
10. If you think you are polar opposites and he keeps initiating conversation with you, he likes you.
11. If he acts different towards you than anybody else, even guys, he likes you.
How do you let him know to make a move:
1. Give a subtle/cheeky smile and a quick/little wave - if he doesn't act on it he is definitely not interested
2. Ask of his future plans (ie. for the weekend etc) and when he is free. If he responds using the word "nothing", he is interested. All you have to say is "me too" with an awkward silence after, he should ask you out.
3. Initiate conversation when no other friends are around. With no pressure he should talk freely. A simple "Hey. It's freezing/roasting today isn't it?" should do the trick.
You should also know:
1. Shy guys don't reject girls harshly, we would rather make up a polite excuse as to why we would not go out with her.
So to conclude, I hope this helps girls that are unsure about us. The best advice I can give is approach us when there are no peers around.
I have a boyfriend, who is really shy (i had to ask HIM out eventually because he wouldn't -_-) and he told me what he did when he liked a girl :
1. he would CONSTANTLY stare at her whenever he can (he is defiantly interested in you in some way.)
2. if she was staring in his way he would look at her to catch her attention.
3. if she was in his class, he would always choose to sit, talk, stand around her as much as possible (especially in group work.)<< trust me, this is so true.
4.he would be ignorant if the girl talked to him, so the girl wouldn't know that he liked her.
5. act different around her than other girls.
6.he would never talk to you.
7. if she becomes his partner in assignments..etc, he would not moan or say anything, he will stay silent. (he has to talk with you)
if you like this shy guy back, make sure you start a lot of conversations with him when you can, and make sure that he knows YOU like him, so he can act comfortable around you. if you let him know, and you know HE does too, he will ask you out eventually. for a shy guy, if you wanna know for sure, you really have to ask the guy. if he says he doesn't, but YOU do, just ask him out, i mean he can start to like you when he gets to know you better. at end, its really the quote :you never know unless you try.."