What happens if an unlicensed and uninsured adult son temporarily living with you drives drunk totaling a borrowed car with no collision insurance?

He has a big problem. And maybe the person who let him take the car. Almost all states have some type of insurance laws. In which case the owner of the vehicle may also be held liable for the damages. It's a pretty safe bet, that both parties will be sued.