What if a dog drinks some of your chocolate milk can you still drink it?

Contrary to what you may have heard, dogs' mouths are not particularly clean, so you should not drink or eat anything that your pet has licked, lapped or nibbled. In addition -- and this is very important -- do not allow your dog to eat or drink anything that contains chocolate. Chocolate contains theobromine, which is toxic to canines. Even a minimal amount can make a small dog sick, and large amounts can be lethal.

Of course, you can share occasional tidbits of meat or vegetables from your meal with your "best friend"; just make sure that they are small and that you place the morsels in her own dish. (Don't feed her from the table.) No fatty, sugary treats or cooked animal bones, please.