What is a recipe for baked beans?
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (I use Bush's)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (you can use more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
In a large Dutch oven, combine the baked beans, onion, bell pepper, and the bacon. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic powder and salt. Add cayenne if using.
Cover and bake for one hour in the oven.
You can uncover the second 1/2 hour if you like your beans on the thick side.
I have also made these in the crock pot on high for 2-3 hours depending on how thick you like them.