Pregnancy Health and Safety (Prenatal Care)

What is it called when you are heavy leaking but you are not having contractions and is it dangerous for the doctor not to do anything for it?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-10-20 17:04:40
2011-10-20 17:04:40

Hi there! I have a 3 yr old and am currently 28 weeks pregnant now. Any excissive leaking should be checked out by your doctor. It could be that you just have a heavy discharge, or a yeast infection. It could also mean you are leaking either urine (which i have had happen when the little one is on your bladder) or in worse cases, you could be leaking amniotic fluid. Your doctor can do a simiple test with a parchment type paper to see if this is the case. The paper will turn colors if you are leaking fluid. If not, a vaginal exam can rule out a yeast infection. Talk with your doctor. Do not be afraid to express your deep concerns. their jobs aren't just to take could care of your growing little one, but you too. If you don't like the anwers you get, you can always go somewhere else for a second opinion.

AnswerAbsolutely, go straight to the hospital. This can be extremely serious and may cause a very serious infection.

Related Questions

User Avatar

It is called a flutter, if it was referring to irregular rapid contractions it would be called tachycardia.

User Avatar

Peristalsis is the term for the rhythmic contractions of the esophagus. These wavelike contractions move food toward the stomach.

User Avatar

The rhythmic muscular contractions of the digestive system are called peristalsis.

User Avatar

only in the last trimester when they prepare the uterus for labor and are called Braxton Hicks contractions.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.