Asked in
Cable Television
Cable Internet

What is the technical term for the kind of cable that carries a TV signal?


User Avatar
Wiki User
April 15, 2016 1:02AM

There are two types of cable used for television radio frequency signals: 300 ohm twin lead flat cable and 75 ohm coaxial cable. The twin lead is typically used with a rabbit ears antenna and coaxial is typically used with roof top antenna or cable TV setups.

For television baseband video signals coaxial cables are usually used.

However for digital television baseband video signals these are not adequate and special cables (e.g. HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort) are used. These cables are typically many twisted pairs in a common shield.

answer is

Coaxial cable

User Avatar
Wiki User
February 15, 2016 9:54AM

You may be thinking of a co-axial cable.

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 04, 2009 5:36AM

`Coax' or `coaxial cable'.