What should you do if you know of an older adult who is being abused by their adult child?

Depending on whether the older adult agrees that the treatment is abusive, then you can take action with them on the phone or call an agency on their behalf. The web link for the National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA)should lead you to a local resource. It is difficult to manage this when you are an outsider, but it seems like all of us depend on our community to protect and support us. There have actually been a few postings regarding adult children abusing a parent or an elderly parent. Could you please just post under this and give me a little more information as to what your problem is. Example: What is the adult child doing to you? Have to called the police? If we can have a little more information we can certainly help you. Thanks