Fort Clatsop was the encampment of the Lewis and Clark Expedition in the Oregon Country near the mouth of the Columbia River during the winter of 1805-06. Located along the Lewis and Clark River at the north end of the Clatsop Plains approximately 5 mi (8 km) southwest of Astoria, the fort was the last encampment of the Corps of Discovery before embarking on their return trip east to St. Louis. The site is now protected as part of Lewis and Clark National and State Historical Parks. A replica of the fort was constructed for the sesquicentennial in 1955 and lasted for fifty years; it was severely damaged by fire in early October 2005, weeks before Fort Clatsop's bicentennial. A new replica, more rustic and rough-hewn, was built by about 700 volunteers in 2006; it opened with a dedication ceremony that took place on December 9th.
For the source and more detailed information concerning your request, click on the related links section (Answers.com) indicated below.
Oregon, near the mouth of the Columbia river.
In 1805, the Corps of Discovery spent the winter at Fort Clatsop before beginning their return trip to St. Louis. Fort Clatsop was located in Oregon County near what is now Astoria, Oregon.
Present day Oregon.
fort clatsop took around 15 days!
Lewis and Clark named the fort after the Clatsop tribe, thus the name, Fort Clatsop.
it was cold
Lewis and Clark.
It was built in 1805.
No. Fort Mandan was somewhere around the beginning of the expedition and Fort Clatsop was somewhere around the beginning of the journey back home. They were named after Indian tribes that lived around the forts.
Fort Clatsop was the farthest west point of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. It is located on the Oregon Coast, west of Portland. The expedition's objective was to reach the Pacific Ocean.
They played fetch with their dog Seaman
There were three winter camps made on the expedition. One winter fort was Fort Mandan. The other was Fort Clatsop. Fort Clatsop was the fort made after reaching the Pacific and before beginning the journey back. I am still trying the find the other fort.
Winter of 1805-1806 near the mouth of the Columbia River, southwest of Astoria It was the last encampment of the Corps of Discovery.
Fort Mandon and Fort Clatsop.