Under the hood should be a diagram of the belt, this is your best reference without the service manual. All you have to determine is which direction to rotate the belt tensioner, and then put the belt back on as shown in the diagram.
If it is not you can run down to your nearest auto parts store and they can print it out for you or just buy the Hayes or chilton manual on your car. It only cost a few bucks and it well helps you out later down the line if something else brakes.
Relieve Serpentine Belt Tension.
Before removing the belt, note its routing around all applicable pulleys for ease of installation.
1. Using a box end wrench on the tensioner pulley center bolt, rotate the tensioner assembly clockwise.
2. While holding the tensioner in this position, remove the alternator drive belt from one or two of the applicable pulleys.
Use a box end wrench to rotate the tensioner pulley assembly clockwise to relieve serpentine belt tension
1. Slowly release the tensioner, and remove the box end wrench from the center bolt.
2. Remove the alternator drive belt from the remaining applicable pulleys.
When installing the drive belt on the pulleys, ensure that it is properly seated in all of the pulley grooves.
1. Using the box end wrench, rotate the tensioner clockwise again, then position the drive belt on all of the pulleys.
2. Slowly release the tensioner until it eliminates all drive belt slack.
3. Inspect the tensioner indicator to be sure that the belt is properly tensioned. If the belt tension is incorrect, the belt should be replaced with a new one, or, if installing a new belt, the belt may not be the correct belt for your vehicle.
4. Then start the engine. Ensure that the drive belt works properly.
5. Stop the engine, then double-check to ensure that the belt is properly seated on all applicable pulleys.
Sounds like broken wires in the multi function switch ..
It doesn't have one.
Yes, there are a couple of special tools needed.
it needs to be taken to shop , because there are special tools you need to change. i on a 1998 ford tuuck. the special tools to change it with cost about $80.00.
Only you swap the overdrive/tailshaft unit.
To change the heater core on a 1999 Chevy 4-wheel drive, first remove the dashboard and drain the coolant. Unbolt the core from its mounts and remove the dash panel to be able to change the heater core.
Yes it will but you will have to change the computer and the wiring harness to make the engine run. You will also have to change the fuel pump that is inside of the gas tank. Alot of work to make that year engine work in the 93 truck.
Will a 1992 Dakota truck motor fit into a dodge truck 1999 Dakota?"
Truck Records was created in 1999.
You need to exchange the front axle, transfer case, and the transmission to change a 1992 2-wheel drive to a 4-wheel drive. It is not an easy project and will require a lot of time and effort.
its electronic. No cable
You need a different front end, transmission, transfer case, wiring, etc. Buy a different truck.
You need to have the abs checked for codes. Then you can diagnose cause.
You can fix a broken linkage in a 1999 Navigator truck by adjusting its Gear Shift.
Nothing special. Normal mechanics tools.
If you have all of the tools it should take about 30 min.
You have to remove the drive side tire and the wheel cover to get to the battery.
Get a real truck!
You can fix a broken linkage in a 1999 Navigator truck by simply adjusting its Gear Shift.
First of all, Do you have any specialty brake tools? Ben
NO, It is different.
If it was built in the LATE month of 1999 and does NOT have the 5.7L 350 in it then yes it will fit. If not then you will have to stay above the year 1999 to get 1 to fit.
please answer my question. Ford truck 1999 V8 4.6 L does not start of park but in neutral sometimes Why.
Purchase an inexpensive set of quick-disconnect tools from your local auto parts store.
I believe you need 17 mm box wrench for that.