State Laws
Police and Law Enforcement

When a crash results in property damage of any amount must the driver notify the Florida highway patrol the sheriffs department or the city police department?



User Avatar
Wiki User

The answer depends on where the accident took place. If it occurred on a freeway, it's probably FHP jurisdiction. Inside the city limits, call that city's police; outside the city limits, the county sheriff. If you call any one of these and tell them where the incident occurred, they can probably tell you which agency will handle the report.