Best Answer

On the bottom of the transmission. May or may not have a drain plug. Draining and replacing this fluid will only get about 25% of the fluid in the system removed. The fact that you ask this question, leads me to one conclusion. Take this to the dealer and let them change it. Almost all automatic transmissons on American made cars do not have a drain plug (like the engine oil drain plug). These systems are sealed and not really made to change the oil since few problems are associated because of the oil. Some auto part shops offer suction type devices to suck the transmission oil out thru the fill tube of the transmission. The most comman way is to jack up the vehicle from the front end, and then remove the lover pan underneath the transmission. Be careful since the pan will contain the oil used in the transmission, There is no other way to drain the oil before removing the pan. Since you will have access to the filter, replace the auto transmission filter that can be obtained at your local auto parts store. Once the oil is removed, replaced the seal (gasket) that also can be obtained from the local auto parts dealer. Refill with suggested required amount in your auto manual or ask your auto parts dealer the amount required for refilled.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-01-02 23:17:18
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: Where is the plug and pan to change the transmission fluid on a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Where do you put the transmission fluid in a 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass?

You add fluid at the same place you check it.

What type of transmission fluid for a 1999 Oldsmobile cutlass?

dextron / mercon type 2

How many quarts of transmission fluid do you use for a 98 Oldsmobile cutlass?

I got 2 gallons of transmission fluid... Use one gallon then keep checking the dip stick for the fluid to rise.

How many quarts of transmission fluid does a 1991 Oldsmobile cutlass cierra 2.5L take?

about 4 in the trans, about 5 in the lines.

Where is the transmission drain plug for a 90 Oldsmobile cutlass ciera 2.5?

There is no transmission drain plug. You have to drop the entire pan to change the fluid. Always change the filter while you have the pan off and clean any metal shavings from the pan.

How do you check transmission fluid for a 1995 Oldsmobile cutlass?

Pull out the transmission dipstick (red handle) just as you would for checking the motor oil, but with the engine running and the transmission in neutral or park.

Where does the transmission fluid go in a 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass Are there a picture of where it goes?

if your standing in front of the car with hood open you will see a t-handle marked transmission that is were you add fluid you will need a funnel to pore it in

When to change transmission fluid on a 2000 Oldsmobile alero?

every 100,000 miles

How do you change your transmission fluid on a 1998 Oldsmobile eighty-eight?

Remove transmission oil pan for access to filter and to drain fluid

How do you change the transmission fluid on Oldsmobile Alero 2003?

Drop lower transmission pan Oil will run out Change filter and gasket

What is the cooling system fluid capacity for an 1987 Oldsmobile cutlass cierra?

The 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass cooling system has a fluid capacity of 5.5 gallons. The cooling system fluid should consist of 50 percent antifreeze.

How many quarts of transmission fluid does a 89 Cutlass Ciera hold?

An 89 Cutlass Ciera holds 7.4 quarts of transmission fluid. When servicing the vehicle, a portion of the fluid remains in the transmission and will not be added back.

1994 cutlass ciera will not drive right away when cold?

Check and/or change transmission fluid and filter

Where do you fill the transmission fluid on a 1979 Oldsmobile toronado?

You fill transmission with fluid through the transmission fluid dipstic tube

What type of transmission fluid goes into 2000 Oldsmobile intrigue?

Intrigue transmission fluid is the type of transmission fluid that goes into 2000 Oldsmobile intrigue.

Where is the transmission dipstick located on a 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass?

Between the engine and firewall labeled TRANS. Under the Air Filter/ Intake box there is a red cap on the transmission for putting in fluid. There is no dipstick that I know of on a 1999 Cutlass w/ 3100 "J" motor.

What causes transmission fluid to leak on a 1970 Cutlass Oldsmobile?

A transmission fluid leak means that the plug may need to be replace, or the seal or gasket may need to be replace. As it could be caused by a work seal, or gasket, or a loose plug.

Where is the dipstick for transmission fluid on a 98 cutlass?

no dip stick. sealed transmission

Where do you add brake fluid on an 1990 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme?

The master cylinder contains the reservoir for the brake fluid. This is where you would add it on an 1990 Cutlass Supreme.

How do you add transmission fluid to a 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme?

Add it the same place you check it, through the dipstick tube. Check the level with the transmission hot, in park, engine running, on level ground. Use only Dexron fluid. Do not overfill!!!!!

What kind of transmission fluid goes in a 1998 Oldsmobile 88?

A 1998 Oldsmobile 88 takes ATP automatic transmission fluid. This is sold in most places that carry transmission fluid, or you can buy it through a dealer.

What type of brake fluid is used in a 1995 oldsmobile cutlass cierra?


How often should you change the transmission fluid in a 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora?

Probably every 50K should be sufficient

How do you change the transmission fluid on your previa?

what millage will be change transmission fluid

Where do you put transmission fluid in a 1989 Olds Cutlass?

You add tranny fluid right into where the dipstick is