turn and look over your right shoulder
Look in ALL directions and yield to ANY oncoming traffic.
both of you for not looking back
A vehicle traveling in a parking lot has established use of the lane and the right of way. A vehicle in a parking space and backing into the lane must yield to oncoming traffic. Therefore, if a vehicle is backing out of a parking space and pulls into the path of an oncoming vehicle that has already established the lane, the vehicle backing would be at fault for the accident. However, if the vehicle which established use of the lane had an opportunity to avoid hitting the vehicle backing out of the space and failed to do so, there could be comparative negligence on both vehicles or on the one who had the opportunity to avoid the accident.
the person on the right.
You are at fault.
It sounds like the other vehicle was at fault for improper backing, but each state is different and some are no-fault states. Still, if you were in the roadway or parking lot ailse, then you are considered to have right of way. It is incumbent on the other vehicle to make sure the path is clear before backing into traffic.
The person at fault would be the one backing into a parking space. Because they are going to look at it as, your supposed to pull into the parking space front first, not backing in. So it would be your fault. But I'm sure that both of you would get a ticket or something else, because they hit you, and you are violating parking lot conduct.
The person backing out I am asuming other person has finished reversing and is leaving if I understood correctly
In most circumstances, the backing vehicle has the greater duty of care and would be found at fault.
Parking sensors are for the driver to be able to tell a proximity of other vehicles and objects around the car. This is a helpful tool if backing out of tight spaces and places that have a lot of things scattered around the vehicle.
The length for parralel parking is 10 ft. longer than your vehicle... I don't know about the others
The backing vehicle is at fault. We are always supposed to look to ensure the path is clear before placing our vehicle in motion.
The vehicle backing up is the one that caused that accident by not looking so they get 99% of the blame. However the other gets1% as they were nOt stopping. BTW did this happen to u?
yes you are correct. the person backing up is responsible for making sure the area behind their vehicle is clear.
Any driver that is the backing vehicle has a greater and duty and care to maintain proper lookout at all times. The driver that was traveling on the throughfare has control of the lane of travel and the backing vehicle must yield to them. Infortunately, you would the proximate cause of the accident for improper backing.
the person driving on the road has the right of way, which means he/she goes first, therefore you are to let the person pass by before backing your vehicle
O.K. The vehicle that is backing out is backing out from private property. The vehicle that is pulling away should have the right of way. You see when a vehicle is trying to enter a Highway via driveway, parking lot, ect. he is ASKING for the right of way and he is responsible for yielding. Hope this helps. Thanks CMAC, 8 year SC State Trooper
Yes. It is a vehicle and it hauls a passenger.
Both partys are at fault and each party will need to file there vehicle under there own insurance. Parking lot accidents are always share fault unless one of the vehicle was parked, but since both vehicles were backing out at the same time, both partys are at fault unless you get a kind person to admit it was there fault.
The vehicle exiting the parking space that did not yield to oncoming traffic.
Both of you. Neither driver was watching where they were backing. The ultimate fault will be determined based on the police report and an investigation.
Most likely the the vehicle doing the backing up would be at fault.
It depends. Parking lots are private property so the usual rules of the road don't apply. In some states it is 50-50 as far as who's at fault, because both drivers have a responsibility to watch for other drivers. Do not admit fault and let the insurance companies handle it.