Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims

Whose insurance should pay if you get in an accident in your friend's car and damage is done to the car?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2004-10-14 14:34:32
2004-10-14 14:34:32

Insurance follows the vehicle, not the driver.


Related Questions

If the damage occurred during the accident in question, then it should.

You are responsible for the damage you cause in an accident, regardless if you are insured or not. Having insurance transfers your responsibility to pay for the damage from you to your insurance company. If there are injuries to the other party, then the other party's insurance should pay for their injuries, but you are still responsible for the property damage you have caused the other person.

It depends entirely on your insurance, the other driver's insurance, who's at fault and what injuries and damage were involved. Nobody should 'make' money due to an accident, but they should be put back in the shape they were before the accident or compensated for what can't be returned to the original status.

As long as she has the correct insurance that allows the car to lent to a friend then it should cover you.

In my experience, if someone drives my car and get in an accident, I think he or her insurance has to pay for the damage of the other party and mine pays for the damage of my car. However, her insurance should go up, but not mine because I am not the one who drive at the time the accident occurs.

Your auto insurance should be lowered if you do not have an accident or tickets for a year.

After an accident, all parties involved with the accident should exchange insurance information. Typically, the insurance companies will talk to each other about repairs and cost.

Most insurance companies will instruct you to call them first when you have an accident, unless there are injuries. You should call the police to get an accident report.

You should contact the at fault party's insurance company and let them know you have a property damage claim. You will need an accident report. Photos of the damage or an estimate for repair will also be helpful.

If you have had an accident with this person then his insurance information should be present on the accident report. If you have no claim on this person's auto insurance then it is not your business whether or not he has insurance.

Your insurance SHOULD cover the damage assuming you had comprehensive coverage and not just liability. However, you might have a problem proving the damage occurred while you were still covered.

If any injuries are involved, the police should be called. Also, either driver has the right to call the police so an accident report can be written. If there is no damage, one is probably better not calling the police, as the accident may be reported to your insurance company.

Whether or not you should make a claim against your insurance depends on the amount of the damage. In this state, if you make a claim against your own collision insurance, your insurance will go up by several hundred dollars a year for three years, so you are talking a thousand dollars. Say you have $200 deductible. Then your break even point is about $1,200. If the other guy caused the accident, make his insurance pay!

Turn it in to your homeowners insurance and have them work out the details. Most likely they'll go after the friends insurance, but that's their job. Let them figure it out. It's your house, so your insurance should pay for damage caused by an unforeseeable accident. If someone caused the fire, or permitted it to spread to your house through negligence or reckless conduct, then the insurance company can attempt to sue that person for reimbursement.

It is up to the driver to subit the auto accident claim. You should submit the claim as soon as possible after the accident.

The insurance should cover an accident while it was in force. If you had insurance 2 months ago and the accident happened 2 months ago, coverages should apply. If the accident happened today and the coverage stopped 2 months ago, there should not be coverage.

If your neighbor is responsible for the damage, yes. If not, no.

The person's collision insurance should cover the damage to their car, and their liability insurance should cover the damage to the fence and property. If they have no collision insurance, they will have to fix their car on their own.

Yes, your insurance pocily should covers all damage, based upon Texas laws. Reason Why? They should. Texas law required all driver must have auto insurance coverage before seating behind the sterling wheel.

It depends on the terms of the insurance and the type of damage to the vehicle. Contact your insurance agent for the terms of your insurance. In general, it should.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.