Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-04-07 16:01:40

if the frame well you are talking about is the one i belive it is it is a normal function of the convertible top drainage system on the car. as long as there is no water in the floorboards or in the trunk and you dont hear any sloshing when you drive it is functioning properly. in your top basin/holder for the convertible top when it is down is a large pan which has 2 drains to allow water to drain into the frame on each side of the vehicle. also the backside of the top and any other hard to seal areas drain into this area to prevent your interior from getting flooded. if you hear a sloshing noise when you turn you need to unglog these. these normally clog up in high humidity conditions or when traveling from a desert/low humidity to a high humidity environment, and have to be cleaned out with a stiff straight piece of wire (ie clotheshanger). there are several points on the underbody that you have to unclog along the strip of metal where the visible body and the underbody come together. they are identifyable by running your hand along the backside of this strip and feeling for a little outward molded piece on the strip. there are 3-4 of these. insert your stiff wire into each hole until they drain the water. check these often after rainstorms to be sure they are draining, you dont want a rusted out piece of metal on your car and if they are holding water it will rust out eventually or even worse, flood your entire floorboard.


Your Answer

Related Questions

See the following in this discussion list: Why is the water leaking into the frame well of your 1997 seabring convertible? Why is water leaking into the frame well of your 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible? How do you unclog the rain water drain that is draining into the car? Where are the drain holes on a 97 Chrysler Sebring convertible?

The suspension is very similar to the Dodge stratus

To replace the transmission solenoid pack on a 1998 Chrysler Sebring, remove the air filter box, the battery, and the battery tray. Remove the 4 bolts on the frame and the trans cooler lines. The solenoid pack is screwed to the to the transmission with 3 10 mm bolts. Remove the solenoid pack and replace it.?æ

A frame from ANY '68-72 GM A body convertible will fit because they all use the same frame. I'd stick to the convertible frames because they are reinforced to deal with the lack of a permanent roof.

If it's the 2.5L V-6: 1. Remove neg battery cable under hood (from frame) 2. remove the oil filter. 3. Remove the nut on the solenoid for the battery Pos. wire. 4. Pull off the other wire at the solenoid. 5. Remove the three bolts that hold in the starter.

On eBay there about $160 to $200 dependiing on if you need the rear window. You'll have to remove back seats to get at the complete convertible frame. The tops will come with instructions. Its a lot of work and very time consuming plan for a whole weekend.

For a 2003 sebring convertible, raise the hood. On top of the metal support frame at the headlight assembly, there are two screws that hold the full head light assembly to the frame. Remove the two screws. Now the headlight assembly is loose and can be pulled out far enought to remove the lamp. Turn the lamp holder counter closckwise about a half turn or so and remove the lamp. Replace all in the reverse order. Don't touch the new lamp with your bare fingers. Oil from your skin will cause the lamp to turn black.

no.. very different.. by hard top you mean 4 door..?.. the 4 door window mech is a scissors action.... the convert is on a frame and cabled..

No, these two years are very different body styles. The top structure and cover is very differently shaped. you can the convertible top frame been all the same in those years

Attatched to the frame rail under the car on the drivers side.. mid way tween the drivers door and the wheel arch on a convertible or under the rear passenger door on a sedan

The frame is called an " X " frame and I'm sure 1961 thru 1964 are the same. However the convertible had a few extra supports

Repairs and replacement of the top are normally done with the frame on the car.

No 1991-93 Mustangs use a different frame for the top.

Your marker could be leaking from a small pinhole in your frame, or it could be leaking out of the CO2 adapter itself. you may want to have it checked, if it is a electric marker, you could freeze your circuit board.

A convertible hand truck is a metal frame with two wheels on the bottom used to push boxes around with ease. These can be purchased at any hardware store such as mansards.

Find a body shop with someone that is older than 60. Chrysler has not had a frame since the sixty's.

Restate the question. What do you mean by "Frame Well"?AnswerI had a problem where the water leaked into my car and flooded the driver's side pretty well, and I feel you have a similar problem to this. There are 3-4 drainholes on the bottom of the side frames where the water leaks through the body and out of the bottom of the car. If these holes become clogged with tree garbage or what not, the water will build up in the car frame and flood into your car. They are located on both sides of the car where inside of the frame and outside frame comes together at the bottom under the door jam and along the side, and they are small bumps. I cleared mine by using a straightened clothing hanger to clear out the debris, some shops use high pressure air, but it did the job. Hope this helps. AnswerI had this same problem with my 1996 convertible. There are two rubber drain plugs that are on each side of the car in front of the rear tires in the wheel well. just take your finger and pull these out. Then put your car on an incline and watch all the water drain out. I found it better to leave these drain plugs out for good.

Often yes but they may argue that if it has been leaking for a while then you were not maintaining the property.

Not a good question but replace the "frame with a stainless steel frame as a beginning and replace thegalvanesed pipe with copper or plastic.

It could, if it does the switch is on the side of the seat frame.

I caulked the gap between the windshield frame and the piece the hood connects.

No. The Chrysler 5th Avenue is a "uni-body" automobile. This means that the frame and the body are actually one piece.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.