Because it is your one chance to do anything. You can use you body and go to amazing places and see amazing things. Life is a once in a lifetime thing so if you don't enjoy it then you will have wasted the most brilliant thing on earth.
Dictionary.com states the meaning of life is: "The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism."
- I believe it's the beauty of God's creation.
- The meaning of life is to make life meaningful.
- If you believe in the Bible, the meaning of life is Jesus Christ, because He is the only one that defeated death.
- The meaning of life is to take care of our planet. To be hard working and serve God. To help out in fixing communities - that's what life is about; you should not live only for fun but help others enjoy life too.
- A humanist would say we each make our own meaning by the way we live. The meaning is whatever meaning/purpose you care to assign to it... or none at all. If you have a religion, you could find meaning there; a particular philosophy, ditto. If you're a nihilist, you might conclude that there is no meaning at all.
- To understand the meaning of life we have to turn to the source, or creator. If you believe in such things, God. If he put us here, it was for a purpose. So He may be the only one able to provide us with the answer. Some people will acknowledge that everything we need to know about the purpose of life and about God himself is found in one book, the Bible.
- If you believe in the Bible, the meaning of life is in God's inspired words: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it." Luke 9:23.
- Ecclesiastes 12:13 "Fear God and obey His commandments for this is the whole duty of man."
- The irony in life these days is that, in order to find it's meaning, you merely have to Google it.
- To tell you the truth, I don't think anyone knows the true meaning of life. People say that the only way to know the true meaning of life is to live a full life with many near death experiences, then God tells you an instant after you have died. If you have a complex enough mind, and when God wants us to know, he will tell someone after they die and let that person be revived to tell the rest of the human race. If that never happens then we will just have to live life with many questions and as best we can. That's what God wants us to do. That's one way to look at it.
- The meaning of life is to utilize our main driving force, curiosity, without which none of us would even exist. Discover and find out new things. Space travel, for example, will lead to great new discoveries - including life near and far from us.
- The meaning of life is that we exist, that we are products of a force called creation, and that we should all support and affiliate with that force in every one of it's manifestations. The difference between life and the inanimate is that life has consciousness.
- The Serenity Prayer: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
- Any Christian should know the purpose of life is simple: to serve God. Any Christian who doesn't know this needs to build up their relationship with God; He'll show you all you need to know.
- You're born, you breed, you die. Therefore the only meaning is to keep the species alive, all the other stuff is just to make it interesting.
- No one really knows the answer to this. Philosophers and religionists have been debating it for thousands of years.
- Life's meaning is what it means to you! What do you value in your life? Everyone has there own meaning and there own perception of life. Britannica says it's the sequence of physical and mental experiences that make up the existence of an individual, one or more aspects of the process of living, or a way or manner of "living". The meaning of life, to me, is to live life anyway I choose.
- No one knows the meaning of life, some choose God, some choose self or try to be God. Life is full of discovery and to give you a little hint on discovery try thinking outside the media. I recommend studying quantum physics or learning more about the superstring theory or the chaos theory. Everything is composed of waves, sound waves ranging at all frequencies, you could almost say that we are just a wave in this world seeking complete harmony.
- The meaning of life - to learn from mistakes. Without mistakes no one ever really learns how to live.
- Look at the animals, their purpose is to create new life and survive. That is also a human instinct (we're animals too). To survive and pro-create. Most people read too much into it.
- The meaning of life is to grow physically, mentally and spiritually. It's about traveling down different paths of your life and making decisions. You will make some mistakes, as all of us do. We learn from them and grow stronger. It's about being true to yourself, standing alone sometimes when you really believe in something and not fearing retribution. It means to love those around you, help where you can, be known as a person that can be trusted and just do the best you can. If we didn't feel sadness we could never experience happiness; if we didn't get angry on occasion we would never know peace, and if we didn't trust our hearts we'd never know love. Yes, it's about pro-creating, but life is much more than that if you open your eyes, ears and heart and listen!
- The true meaning of life is for humans to conquer the universe (and if they exist, multiverses) so that humans can rule everything forever.
- Living with a meaning: " To be the eyes and ears and conscience of the Creator of the Universe, you fool." - Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
- The true meaning of life is to love and serve God.
- There is no meaning of life. Nobody asks to be born, but you're here anyway. Make the best of things while you're here. If your life needs meaning, then join a cause.
- To appreciate the beauty and amazing things going on around us on the Earth that was originally intended for us to enjoy. Since it is no longer entirely in that pure state, we have the job to care for what does remain and, more importantly, to point others to the time when it will be possible to live in a truly perfect place once more through what Christ has done to enable us to be there if we choose.
- Life is what you make it. The meaning of life is not the same for everyone. Your life has one meaning, the life of another person will have another meaning, and my life will have another meaning too. You are the one to give meaning to your life by making something of it. Every person is allowed to live their life as they want to. Find the way you want to live your life and live it like that. Be happy. Be healthy. Be loved.
- For me, although I'm just seventeen and have my whole life ahead, life has shown me that whatever I put in, I get out., That means for all the effort I put into something, I will get something out of it, I will be rewarded in some way. I tend to live naturally, to love, to learn ,and to help, I tend to love knowledge, because it makes me satisfied, it makes me know how things work, it makes me build up ideas and have something to say. It makes me know how to listen, how to talk and spread my ideas. I think the meaning of life is to understand how it is best suited for you and how it will make you satisfied, happy, successful and loved. But one thing I can guarantee: no one out there will tell you the meaning of life, nor the meaning of your life for you will have to find that out by yourself. Take it as a challenge. After all, you wouldn't be asking that if you already knew it, or if mostly everyone knew it...
- The meaning of life has been an age old question since the beginning of time and it's like trying to define the meaning of love. You can make your life to be what you want it to be, within reason, and you don't have to become famous or rich to do it. Some of the most successful people have been those who gave without question, such as a teacher that cares about his/her students and makes a difference, or a doctor, a mother, father, a person with disabilities of their own, etc. One can volunteer for people, children or pets and ease some of the suffering of all. I live by rule of thumb ... when you are lucky financially (that's just keeping your head above water) and even though you may be limping through life, you should always give back to those less fortunate. One day you just never know when you'll need someone there for you too. This makes your mind, body and soul one. It gives you a source of peace when the world around you is going mad.
- According to Douglas Adams the answer would be 42. But put science fiction aside! Look at the smaller, less complicated life species, they live just to live. More complicated life species live and help keep other life alive. We, as humans, should live to be alive and help others be alive. Taken a step further, life is about experience; one should live to experience ones own life and the life of others. (But do not try live through another person's life).
- Consider this when trying to understand the meaning of your own life. An old guy once told me that the meaning of life was survival. I thought he was crazy, but as I get older, I think that the crazy guy may have something.
- The answer to life is being. It is all anything has ever done, it is all anything will ever do.
- The meaning of life is finding the answer to the following questions. Who am I? Where am I? Why am I? The meaning of life to you is dependent on your value system. Your particular set of morals/values are those that you inherited from genetic sources and from the environment within which you were raise. The meaning of life for you depends on your belief systems. Who are you? Are you an organism that was created from a chemical combination of other organisms? Are you just living to die or is there an existence beyond this body that was created from organic digestion (the food you eat)? Are you an absolute entity called a soul? What gives all of matter its intelligence? Where do atomic and subatomic (nano) particles get their intelligence? Can something be created from nothing? Why are you here? Did you have a choice in the matter? Does your existence have a purpose? Do you add value to the universe? Are you a link in the cosmic chain of evolution/creation? Where are you? Are you resting on a bed somewhere dreaming all of this? Do you know that you are dreaming when you are dreaming? How do you know that it was all a dream (illusion/virtual-reality)? Are you a speck of dust in a massive cosmic sphere?
- Many great minds have pondered 'the meaning of life' and it basically comes down to each individual and what their needs are. Some people enjoy peace, living on a farm or ranch, while others want to hit the big cities for careers, investments, etc., but we all have to make ourselves happy and feel fulfilled no matter what and I doubt that most humans will ever totally attain that. There will always be some regrets. We should be kind, considerate to our fellow man. We should have some belief system of higher power. We should know good from evil and help those that can't help themselves. We should not constantly feel powerful over another, but be humble enough to know where help is needed. That's power! We all do the best we can and learn from our mistakes because, quite simply put, humans on earth are on a 'learning ground' and thus, we learn, make mistakes, learn from them (hopefully) and do the best we can.
- The "meaning" of life is a test. This is only a test. Our life here is so brief yet our spirits are eternal. The "purpose" of life is to choose whom you will be loyal to. Either you will show yourself willing to live under the rule of the God of the Universe or you will choose to live as a slave to self and to sin.
- The only reason I know for life is that it's a test that we have to pass the right way for reward in the life hereafter.
- Evolution has determined that the point of life is to reproduce and to be the most successful species. that is the meaning of life for all creatures. If it was not their point in life that species would've died off long ago. (mainly it is the urge to pass along your own genes).
- Life is to just live. We should enjoy each and every moments. If you are suffering from a problem, really you are great. The problem came to you because you can solve the same and come up in life.At every situation remember one thing...This present is not permanent. It may be either a sad time or a good one. Follow these tips :1. Do not vex if sad,2. do not enjoy to the core when in joy 3. share your feelings to ur beloved. both sad and sweet 4. when you grow respect others 5. Maintain patience at any cost Last but not least,6. You should know that there are thousands of people suffering a lot more than you.
- The meaning of life is that God created us and loves us, and wants us to know and love Him, and to join Him in Heaven one day. He has created the way for us to do so, by sending Jesus His Son to die for our sins. Now we can receive Him as our Lord and Savior and have a new life in Him on earth, and one day join Him in Heaven.
- The meaning of life is to live until you die, and to change the world in some little way -- no matter how unknown you are. You have to give your own life meaning and not rely on someone else's opinion to give you one.
- According to Douglas Adams, the real meaning of life is 42.
- The answer is the question. We as organisms of infinitely complex chains of chemical reactions truly designed through creativity, formed by atoms attracted by neutral chemical compositions, actually interpret ourselves, the universe, and the atoms we consist of to ask these kind of questions. There is no question that the only thing that keeps us alive is the flow and exchange of electrons. The integration of god and morals is still a question of, right or wrong, what do we do, what do we not do; relatively, why are we here or why are we not here. Life is not just humans interpreting their surroundings; trees through inter-cellular communication interpret gravity and the location of the sun. And just as the tree stretches out for the sunlight, we as humans reach out for each other and strive for knowledge and meaning. In this way, life is a necessary outcome in the displacement of energy and completes necessary chains of events. "Life" allows these necessary connections in the flow and displacement through forms of energy; as humans, as trees, as the flow of a river or the explosion of a volcano. This interpretation, communication, and ultimately exchange, could be said is the meaning of life. The atoms, quarks, muons and gluons that we as humans consist of can indirectly, through many exchanges and chemical reactions, interpret the direct energy displacement of other prominent metabolisms of energy (like other humans) and other things that effect the chemical reactions through communication of light, sound, pressure, and temperature. This is why we are "conscious". Every atom is either repelled or attracted to each other; the fact that this occurs means that every atom is effected, or "conscious", of another. The exchange of electrons with another atom and change in composition, are the same echanges occurring in our brains to make "conscious" decisions and interpretations.
- In my opinion, there is none, we are just insignificant beings among billions, who's only purpose is to reproduce towards no goal. Because we do not understand what we are here for we invented an imaginary being who made us and who, if we live correctly, will send us to a place of supposed joy.
- the meaning of life is to live it to it's fullest and stop trying to figure everything out. life is short enjoy it while u can!!!
- The meaning of life is simple - reproduce.
- The meaning of live is to live forever.
- I think life's meaning is what it means to you.
- More importantly, why should something exist? If alive, consciousness determines that the purpose is to continue to exist. NO!!!!!! its cheese
- Life is important because it's a gift from God. We got it directly from Him when He breathed it into our father Adam. Life is the essence of who God is and what God is. He's the source of life. He gives it, and He takes it away. Science can't make life, let alone define it. It defies all the laws of physics and thermodynamics... and yet, there it is, just like the One who imparts it. And if you've ever seen a dead body, you know profoundly what the absence of life means. Whatever it was, it's gone. This present life is important and precious because it's finite, it has an end. So, in concord with the one Who gave it to us, we should be doing things in harmony with His wishes and His character, thereby making good use of the life He gave us. And regardless of how terrible our circumstances may become, life is sweet to the bitter end.
Life is important because it is inter related- interdependent to all other biotic & abiotic components.
Life is important as it is a creation of the Supreme entity.
Life is important as it makes the planet earth unique as the only planet in the cosmos with life.
Life is important as it makes possible for the humans to survive.
Life is important as it negates death & extinction.
Life is important as it inspires all life to live.
ANSWER .Life is important not because:
1. things are inter-related, ( Who has asked for so?
2. it is a creation of so called Supreme entity, ( who has asked for so?)
3. earth is unique in the cosmos ( who has asked for so?),
4. possibility of survival ( who has asked for so?),
5. negation of death and extinction( who has asked for so?),
6. inspiration to live.( who has asked for so?)Life is important because you are a potential cause that can cause happiness by understanding the above unsolicited gifts from nature.
Had we applied for all these six and waited in mother's womb? Suddenly all these were granted and the life became so IMPORTANT? Means a lilys life is not important?
NOTE: Only loving and praising of these gifts is not sufficient. Moreover, it may put one's life in emergency. would you like to jump to emergency mode function??? If no, better understand it rather than becoming emotioanl.