Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-11-28 16:52:11

The specific circumstances of such a case determine the action that can be taken. Cases that involve family members or relatives are often not pursued by authorities or the lending institution especially if the alledged violator resides in the same household. The police do not have jurisidiction in such matters unless the proscutor's office charges the alledged perpetrator and obtains a warrant for his or her arrest. The majority of banks/lending institutions will not get involved until a formal complaint has been filed with authorites and the matter is investigated. The victimized person should contact the prosecutor's office in the county in which the incident occurred to obtain information on how best to proceed. These type of cases almost always result in the plaintiff having to sue the perpetrator in civil court to attempt to recover their financial loss.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Still Have Questions?

Related Questions

Is there a time limit for stopping payment on a personal check?

Once the person/place you gave the check to, cashes the check, you cannot stop payment.

What will happen if you cancel a personal check before the business cashes it?

It will be returned to the person that you wrote the check to and considered a bad check " possibly fraudulent"

When did Cashes Green Halt railway station end?

Cashes Green Halt railway station ended in 1964.

When was Cashes Green Halt railway station created?

Cashes Green Halt railway station was created in 1930.

What are your legal rights if someone cashes a check with your name on it?

You are the legal owner/payee of the check and if someone else cashes it, it is a crime. You can raise a legal complaint against the person (if you know who did it) or if you don't know who did it, you can raise a formal complaint with the bank and they will help you identify the fraudster and then you can raise a complaint against them. You have the right to claim the payment that was due to you through the check.

What was johnny cashes favorite color?


What is johnny cashes favorite flower?


Was johnny cashes first wife black?


Who Is Cashes Clay?

Muhammad ally, hes is a famous boxer that changed his name because he became Islam and he thought Cashes Clay was his "slave" name

What was johnny cashes nickname?

He was known as THE MAN IN BLACK.

What was June Carter Cashes favorite color?


What is the difference between a personal banker and a teller?

There are a few differences between a banker and a teller. A teller cashes checks, makes deposits and a banker opens accounts, orders checks and offers loans.

What bank cashes third party checks?

Most will with the correct ID .

Who is the mother of Rosanne Cash Johnny Cashes daughter?

Vivian Cash

What was johnny cashes biggest hit single?

a boy named sue

What us banks cashes in yuz bin turkliras?

can it be cashed in, in the us

Why should you clear all your cookies and links and cashes?

to get all the viruses of the computer

What ages were johnny cashes children?


What is johnny cashes favorite food?

What is the definition of Cashes?

"Cashes" is the third person singular of cash. It is a verb. It means giving or obtaining notes or coins for a check or money order. It can also mean leading with a high card so as to take the opportunity to win a trick.

Why did Muhhamad Ali change his name?

He believed Cashes Clay was a sort of a slave name.

How do you cash starpoints in for something?

You don't have to cash in your points. It automatically cashes in and opens the prizes!

Did one of johnny cashes brothers die?

His brother Jack died in a sawmill accident.

What was johnny cashes wifes name?

Vivian Liberto Cash Distin June Carter Cash

Can you get a payday loan with a prepaid visa card?

If you have a prepaid visa card with money in it, you certainly shouldn't need a pay day loan. Most pay day loan arrangements require a person to write a personal check. The pay day loan place cashes the check on your payday.

Still have questions?