Car Selling
Taxes and Tax Preparation

You live in California but your car is registered in Chicago How those the taxes work for the buyer Do they pay California or Illinois taxes?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-03-10 03:38:48

If you live in California, then you need to transfer the

registration to California and pay the taxes there. Visit your

local dmv with the title and they will tell you what needs to be


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.