Best Answer

None. * Parents in every state including New York, have the legal option of filing for a court order to have the minor child taken into custody by authorities and returned to the family home, or placed in a juvenile facility and/or be relieved of their financial and legal obligations towards the minor child. If the parents are released from parental obligations, the court will make the minor a ward of the state and place them in a foster, group home or juvenile facility until said minor reaches the age of majority. In rare cases the judge will grant emancipation rights if the action is proven to be in the best interest of the minor.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-04-29 19:20:56
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


0 cards
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide
No Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What are the legal rights of parents to have their 17-year-old daughter returned home when she is involved with drugs and out of control?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
People also asked