Citizenship and Marriage

Parent Category: Immigration
Marriage to a citizen is one way for an alien to obtain citizenship in some countries. Questions about the requirements and processes of marrying and obtaining citizenship are welcome here.


There is many steps to take for her to come to Cananda. Its going to be hard for her to leave the country depending on how serious her criminal records are.. You may be able to get her into Canada as your spouse, if her criminal record is not too serious, but that will not make her a Canadian...
An immigrant gets divorced and remarried in the same manner thatanyone does: by filing a divorce in the appropriate Court andfollowing the Court process to obtain a decree of divorce, and thenby having the marriage performed by someone authorized to do so.
No, child is not considered to be a stepchild under US immigrationlaw unless the marriage occurred prior to his/her 18th birthday.
This is far too complicated and specific of a question to try toanswer without appropriate legal counsel. You should speak with animmigration attorney in your jurisdiction.
Damon Bayles, photographer
First after marriage or before: one of you have to decided which will denounce ones citizenship of either nation or if one of you will have dual citizenship. He can find work now on a visa
I am not sure about the UK but to Mexico the children have to have both parents consent to fly into and from Mexico.. My husband also had to go to the visa office and sign a papper giving his permission.. Hope this helps some..
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Citizenship cannot be granted via marriage.
i think you should call migration office regard to this matter. thanks
That issue depends on the state you marry in, but generally amarriage is a legal union preceded by a state-recognized officiate,which means that you cannot gain citizenship by marrying anothernon-citizen. However, you may still qualify for naturalization ifyou are a legal alien.
If you are living legally in the UK, your passport should be sufficient identification.
Many scholars agree that if an individual meets the requirements ofa citizen at the time of birth then they are natural born but thereis actually no definition for natural born citizen. This means thatwhether someone with dual citizenship at birth is natural borncould be debated. Most would say that...
Yes, anyone born in the US is a Us citizen regardless of the parents status. (excluding a very small group of people, primarily official diplomats and those with diplomatic immunity)
Assuming that both parties, or at least the Petitioner (the person seeking the divorce) is resident in England and Wales then the English court has jurisdiction. I'm assuming that you are the petitioner and live in England and Wales. You may be entitiled to public funding (legal aid), depending on...
you can apply for a working permit or visa something like that and that will let you work for a specific amount of time and I believe you can renew it .
Yes, you can. Once they are over here there spouse can help you getyour papers.
You have to take tests about the US history
When choosing a spouse, it is not advisable to give too muchpriority to appearance. Some people are attractive, but they haveclashing characters. Appearance is important, but not the onlything to look at.
No. You need to file taxes and do the normal types of stuff, but there is no 'reporting' of the marriage.
Yes. Effective June 26, 2013, the US federal government recognizes same-sex marriages, including for the purposes of immigration. An American citizen may sponsor a foreign same-sex spouse for permanent residency ("green card"), leading eventually to citizenship.
If there is evidence of a DUI conviction, the consular officers are likely to refer you to a recognized panel physician. The referral will be made if a single conviction occurred within the three years prior to the application, or if you have two or more arrests or convictions in your lifetime. You...
Except of Than 10 countries, including Colombia, Somalia, America,Britain, Canada, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistanas well as tourists from other countries will need a visa or a visaat the airport for them to be exported.
Yes there is, divorce does not change any obligations from form I-864, as it says on the form: "Note that divorce does not terminate your obligations under this Form I-864."
Assuming that you got your green card through marriage - 3 years after getting your green card
When you file your green card application you can file form Form I-765, "Application for Employment Authorization": if the alien spouse does not have a work visa (for example an H1B visa), this form can be used to request employment authorization card. You should get the EAD card in within 90 days.
You can marry, but your marriage does not change your immigration status since neither of you is a US citizen.
You will need to file form I-90. under Part 2, Application type, Number 2, Reason for Application, check box "d" which reads "My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error." Include any documents that support your claim with your application. You must submit...
US has not stopped dual citizenship. It was banned in the 19thcentury, however, due to changes in law, it was again revised inthe 20th century. It is only allowed at considering certaincircumstances. America considers many factors before issuing it tothe individual irrespective of the country born....
Ulysses S. Grant married Julia Boggs Dent in 1848
Well technically that's threatening you and he shouldn't beable to get way with that, you need to stand up to him and saysomething along the lines of " I didn't marry you for you tothreaten me or make my life a misery" what he is doing iscompletely out of order and non husband like ! Finance and...
If you entered the US lawfully, the process can take as little as 6months. If you entered the US unlawfully, you will need to obtain ahardship waiver and then return to your country for an interview.If you are abroad, the process takes about one year.
This makes no difference, I am an American women, I was Born in the U.S., I have a husband who is from Mexico, we have been together for 7 years and we have a 5 year old son, however-the U.S. government will not allow him to stay in this country. If I want my family to be together, I must move to...
The US citizen can sponsor his wife for a green card, not for UScitizenship. Since he is currently unemployed, he will need to geta joint sponsor to complete an affidavit of support for his wife.
Any person who has been deported is still free to apply for entry into the country. Whether their application will be accepted depends upon their circumstances.
im sorry, but that question does not make sense, they do not "forgive" anything if you marry a citizen, no matter how the citizen abtained citizenship. I am a American citizen, and I am white, I was born in Washington state. I married a Mexican immigrant, we have been together for 7 years, and we...
A divorce with the custody of a child involved can get very trickywhen one parent lives abroad. It is almost impossible to force theabsent parent to pay child support, and if the parent takes thechild to some countries it may be impossible for the US parent toget the child back,
taxpayers money pays for illegal immigrants, but people should keep in mind-that illegal immigrants that work, unless they are working under the table, pay taxes too, as to the exact amount of money taxpayers pay that goes to illegal immigrants-only the government knows
No, both are two different documents. The Citizenship certificatehas its own number and so is the passport. If lost or stolen youneed to get the replacements.
yes, my husband is Mexican and we have a child, but they still deported my husband
Immigration into the United States has been shaped by legislation greatly restricting Chinese immigration through the Chinese Exclusion Acts beginning in 1882. These were a series of laws first passed in 1882 that restricted Chinese from entering the United States. They were not repealed until 1943....
Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prince Jr. got married September 1, 2002. They have been married for about 10 years..
If you commit a crime, and are not a citizen of the United States, you can be deported, regardless of whether or not your parents are a citizen.
A legal immigrant who marries a U.S. citizen can apply for a green card, so s/he can stay in the U.S., travel outside the U.S. and re-enter, and work in the U.S.
Answer . Having a student visa means that you are legally in the U.S.\nThey could change their student visa to a working visa (H1. After that they can apply for a green card and later apply for citizenship. Getting a green card can take years. Only after getting a green card they will be able to...
anyone can marry anyone from anywhere, however it does not make the immigrant legal, and alot of the time, has no effect on the courts decision if the immigrant can stay
That depends upon how long they want to visit. If they are coming for a week, they don't have to be sponsored. If they have passports they can come as tourists. Almost anyone can come to visit the US (certain types of criminal records make people ineligible even to visit). It's only the people who...
If you are married to him and he has a son that is also a United States citizen than he is very lucky. You need to contact immigration and let them know the circumstances so he can begin the process of citizenship.
You can marry by proxy in Mexico or go there and marry her. You could also have her apply for a green card and bring her here and marry her.
Citizenship is a "you are or you aren't" with no gray areas. If your status is resident - permanent or otherwise - but not citizen, then you'll have to take the tests and meet the qualifications of citizenship. That said, it sounds like you were raised here, which raises the possibility of you...
This may vary by state, but as long as no fraud is involved, whatever name you want to use is pretty much up to you. Inform your DMV and bank. If more is required they will let you know.
No, she will not lose her nationality. Chances are she may also getforeign national's country citizenship too. However, marrying aforeigner does not have chances of losing nationality.
if the illegal alien has not been in trouble or been in detention, it is in there best interest to go home and apply for legal residency, it could take a couple years, but if you are caught here being illegal, you can be banned for re-addmision, deported , and cannot apply to come back for ten years
yes, a Canadian citizen can move to the USA, they will have to apply for a green card if they want to work there, also, if they want to retire, they must live in Canada for 6 months other wise they will lose part of their Old age security.and pay a significant penalty for having been out iof the...
then if they get caught, they will get arrested
yes they could come to your home.....but i think they follow you...then come to your house....they DON'T go to you kids school!
You cannot obtain a legal marriage license in the US under the age of 16. There are a couple of states that will allow it, but it requires a court order from a judge.
A US citizen can marry a Nigerian woman, but the process for her tobe able to live in the United States is typically difficult. Shecan enter the country on a fiance visa, and then the two can getmarried. Once married, the woman must apply for a green card inorder to remain in the US, a process that...
Absolutly yes, And in these cases, they deport the women, and they do not alow her to take her American born children with her back to her country, this is a tragedy for everyone involved.
I am not sure about European countries, but if the illegal is from hispanic decent-No, having an American child makes no difference in your case.
No Marrage, or even having an American child makes no difference. This is a common assumption by americans- they think that if an illegal marries a citizen it gives them the right to be here, The truth is that it makes no difference whatsoever
In 1996, the appeal to the Pope was for a call to action againstthe violence and exploitation of children. Some of these youngpeople are forced into illegal activity. Often homeless, withoutany parental or guardian, these children were either forced to begon the street or forced into prostitution.
An illegal alien can become legal by filing documents with the INS.If the person can prove they have been here 17 years and never beenin trouble, it could help them receive papers faster.
Responsibility Reason Rights :)
Cesar Chavez's activism centered of the rights of immigrants andworkers, especially farm laborers. He is credited with securingunion representation for tens of thousands of agricultural workersin California and Florida.
Answer . In the US, you have to be 125% above the current poverty line. Look at uscis.govhomepage and you will find all the answers to all your immigration questions.. In Canada, there is no income requirement. Even if there is no income requirement for you to sponsor your partner/spouse, your...
Yes. It's called fraud. If you look young, you might be asked for other ID to prove your age & that could cause problems. BUT..... if you are well past the age of, say, forty-something then probably nobody would question you if you shaved off a few years... ;-)
No, but she has the right to live with him in Britain. After a number of years living legally in Britain she can then apply for citizenship.
Citizenship in US can either be acquired by birth or through naturalization process. For naturalization you need to file the completely filled Form N-400. In order to be eligible to file you should be at least of 18 years of age and a green card holder in the US who has continuous physical residence...
No, an alias name is not legal for the signing of any documents and that includes a marriage certificate.
Pl somebody answer!By filing bankruptcy immigrant petitions for family members are not affected. If the owner files for bankruptcy immigration petitions by employers may be affected. Your petition for immigrant visa for your spouse and minor children will not be affected in your case. Whether you...
The best answer to this is that the same average cost ($27,000) should apply to all weddings. However, there are some issues to be taken into account: . Some same-sex couples may need to travel out-of-state to be married. This can increase the cost of the wedding exponentially. . Some friends and...
Yes, she has been married to Freddie Prinze Jr. for about 10 years.
im his great great neice by my grandmother
I think it is similar to myself I was b orn in the UK and my mother is british and father who is deceased a US citizen. They never married and Iam now applying for Citizenship and should know by March I have had to prove myself over the last 6 years if you think you are a citizen fight for it dont...