What would you like to do?

How can you get your parental right's hearing changed to the county you live in now versus the county in which your divorce was filed?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

The person must petition the court where the original divorce/custody hearing was given for a change of venue. There must be reasonable and substantiated evidence of why the change of venue is necessary. The other parent will have the option to testify against a change of venue, and also will need to show evidence of why they oppose it. The judge will weigh the evidence and render a decision as to whether or not the action is neccessary. The petitioner, of course will be obligated to pay all court costs and other applicable fees.
25 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

In Florida do you have to file for divorce in the county you live in?

  most jurisdictions have some type of residency requirement that has to be met in order for the jurisdiction to grant a divorce. In Canada you or your spouse have to have

Do you have to file for divorce in the same county that you got married in?

No. You don't have to file even in the same state you were married in. However, most U.S. states have a residency requirement for divorce. That means, you must live in the