Auto Loans and Financing
Homeowner's Insurance

Are cars covered for vandalism away from your property?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-14 16:07:10
2015-07-14 16:07:10

If you carry Comprehensive Coverage on your car, you are covered for vandalism. Comprehensive covers you for all "Physical Damage" to your vehicle including thef and vandalism. One note: if you are keeping your car at a location other than your home, you need to list the alternate location on your policy.


Related Questions

User Avatar

broken windows, keyed cars,spraypainted buildings/property, expensive repairs or replacements, ect.

User Avatar

Collision generally covers you in collisions with other cars or property; comprehensive generally covers you in accidents that don't involve other cars, such as animal hits, weather-related losses, and theft or vandalism. So you are covered under collision coverage !

User Avatar

Yes, you can get into trouble for throwing rocks at cars! You are committing assault on the occupants. You can also be held liable for any damage done to the car as vandalism and destruction of personal property.

User Avatar

No, An auto theft or vandalism would have to be covered by the vehicle owners comprehensive auto insurance policy. that's what Auto Insurance is for.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.