Best Answer

YES, you have to THINK about what you want to know and have the iniative to look for yourself Does the word M-O-N-E-Y ring a bell? LOL Decent truck=$25K,INSURANCE(IF you can get written)$15Kper year office= phone lines,computer,faxes,cell ph,files,5-10K.

AFTER you get all that, do you have CLIENTS???? Are there other repo companys servicing your area? You dont want a price war to start with.

LAWS. Do you know them? FDCPA, G-L-B,FCRA, ect.... TITLE STATE: Yes

SECURITY INTERESTS: Shown on title held by lien holder.

LICENSE REGISTRATION: Texas State Department of Transportation, Division of Motor Vehicles, 4000 Jackson Ave., Austin, Texas 78738. Tel.:(512)465-7611.

RECOVERY REQUIREMENT: As per UCC, repossession allowed without committing a breach of the peace.

PLATES: Remain with the vehicle.

If you have more specific questions, email me. Good Luck

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-14 16:09:29
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


26 cards

What is forfeiture

Which of these is the best description of delinquency

Which term is defined as property that is pledged as security on a loan

This is Paula's monthly budget What percent of her expenses is spent on insurance

See all cards
3 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Are there any special requirments or licenses to operate a repo business in Texas?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Do you need special licenses to operate towing services?

You will need a priviliege license from your local government to operate any business. Towing services are subject to local and state regulations with drivers needing special licenses and services needing to be accredited in most cases.

Are special licenses required to own or operate moving trailers?

Most of the time the trailers that you are able to rent are under the size limit that is required for special licensing. If you need something larger then you might need to get an additional license.

When would a business operate corporate accounts?

Corporate accounts are used to provide special services for company clients. A business would operate corporate accounts to provide certain services to small, medium our large company clients.

How does one get a boating license in order to operate a charter boat?

First, check with marine authority in your area. Different municipalities have a variety of requirements regarding the operation of any business. You may need a special permits or licenses, and you will require clearance by the US Coast Guard, as well as ample insurance coverage.

Does it take special training to be able to operate a binding machine?

In order to operate a binding machine you do not need special training. It is pretty simple to operate.

Is there a special, separate license to operate a wine shop vs. beer or liquor?

It depends on the state laws. Some state limit the sale of liquor to special, state-run stores, while other states issue licenses to allow retailers to sell liquor alongside other merchandise. Selling beer and wine also requires a special license, again, depending on the state. Licenses are controlled and limited. There are restrictions about how many licenses can be issued in a particular area, within what distance a school, etc.

Any special licenses needed for a pediatrician?


Are any special licenses or certifications required to work as a choreographer?


Do I need special insurance or licenses to open a bed and breakfast?

No, you don't need a special insurance or licenses to open a bed and breakfast. You can read about how to start one at

Do marine biologists need any special licenses?

Most use diving license, but no other major licenses are needed.

How have engineers designed spacecraft to operate in the special conditions of space?

How have engineers designed spacecraft to operate in the special conditions of space

How have engineers designed spacecraft to operate in the special condition of space?

How have engineers designed spacecraft to operate in the special conditions of space

People also asked