Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Age of Consent & Underage Relationships

Can a 17-year-old legally enroll herself in a new school and move in with her 21-year-old boyfriend without parental consent?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-03-28 07:15:39

No to both questions UNLESS the minor has been emancipated. NO

judge will emancipate a minor so that she can move in with her

adult boyfriend. That is NOT the purpose of emancipation.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.