Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-02-05 17:33:00

Any mother can go to court in the US to claim child support form the father for a child she is caring for. Babies are not born by spontaneous combustion. The father is as responsible for the child's welfare as is the mother. If the child is living with the father and custody given to the father, the mother is liable for child support, too.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

It is not clear from your question whether you are the father of the child. If you are the father of the child, you are legally obligated to pay child support if a child support order has been entered by a court. If you are not the father of the child but are living with the child's mother you are not obligated to pay child support.

No but your mother can. The child support goes to her and not you.

It depends on the state. In most states the father would still be required to pay child support, even though he is living with the mother and the child. However, if the father was financially supporting the mother and child, it's likely that the courts would suspend the child support order.

her father is Mexican and her mother is french/Canadian/dutch her father is Mexican and her mother is french/Canadian/dutch

She is Mexican. She had a Mexican father and mother.

Her father is Mexican and her mother is Italian.

Her mother is Mexican. Her father is of German descent

Cisneros's thesis is about how her living conditions have affected who she has become. She claimed that being an only daughter of a Mexican-American mother and a Mexican father contributed to everything she is.

Her Father is Mexican and Her Mother is Mexican-American and Cherokee Indian

She is Mexican-Spanish. Her father is Mexican, her mother is Spanish.

This depends on a couple of things, the state you are in and what your court order says. If the child is living full time with one parent it is the other parent who pays child support. However, if the child is living with the father for the summer (summer possession) the father will still continue to pay the mother child support even though the child temporarily is living with the father. The reason for this is the mother still has bills that are keeping the house and such for the child to come back too. The only way a father will not have to pay is if the court order says that during summer possession the father does not have to pay child support, but normally in this case the mother would not be obligated to pay child support to the father. However in the end, people should do what is best for the children and not worry about the dollars they receive or don't receive.

Her Mother is Italian And her father is Mexican.

Child support for the grandchild is the responsibility of the grandchilds father, not the grandchild. If the father is a minor, you can take his parents to court for support.

Unless the daughter is still living with her mother, the father might be able to get the court to terminate support on the grounds that the daughter is emancipated.

Yes child support is paid even when parents don't live together.

Her biological father is Mexican, her mother is mostly Italian.

The mother should contact her (US) state child support agency. Be patient but persistent. Good luck!

If the grandparents are legal guardians and the child is living with them, the both of you as the biological parents have to pay child support to the grandparents.

Yes, a mother South Africa can get an arrest warrant for a father living in another country if he stops paying for child support.

Not usually. Only the children whose parents are not living together are entitled to support from their fathers by way of the law.

His mother is Honduran and his father is Basque, which are both from Mexican descent. David is about 75% Mexican.

his mother is Irish and his father is Mexican

Black (father) and Mexican (mother) :)

Depends on the circumstances. Please consider the situation. The biological father is living with the mother and child/children, therefore he is (or should be) aiding in the support of the household. If the father is not living with the mother and child the mother can and should file for support regardless of the status of her current relationship with the biological father. If you are referrring to state aid regarding the care of a minor child/children, the court will NOT allow such action when the biological father is present. Of course the family may qualify for other public assistance benefits based upon their current economic circumstances.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.