Can a mother change her mind and let family member have the child?

A mother cannot give her child away. She can consent to a guardianship (or an adoption) whereby some other responsible adult would petition the probate court to be appointed the child's legal guardian. The child's father must also consent. If he doesn't consent or is not available, the court would conduct a hearing and could allow the guardianship depending on the circumstances.