Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Age of Consent & Underage Relationships

Can a pregnant 16-year-old be emancipated so she can live with the father of her baby?


User Avatar
Wiki User

Yes I was at 15 so I cud live with my 18 year old boyfriend and father of my 4 year old father and my 2monther baby's daddy. Good luck First, take a deep breathe and feel proud that you're keeping the baby. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise, no matter what. If you think you can be a good Mother, please do not think of giving your baby up for adoption. It's better than abortion but you may regret it. 16 is young, but my Mom had me at 16 and thankfully my Grandma help raise me so it worked out because I'm very close to my Family, especially my Mom and Grandma. To answer your question, I believe you can be emancipated at 16. You've to have proof that your parents or family is not supportive enough to help you and the baby. You have to act mature and be humble enough to accept help from some private and government organizations. I suggest you do not make your boyfriend the excuse because he might be charged for statutory rape, being that you're only 16. You've to think if you can handle the responsibility with or without your boyfriend. WIC-can help you get food(milk, cereal, beans, juice) for you and your child. They help you till the child is 5 yrs old. I don't know how far long are you but it would be great if you get a job that's not so stressful for you and the baby. Maybe, babysitting or working at the mall. I know being a waitress makes good money from tips, just make sure you don't carry heavy trays. If you're too far long, hopefully your boyfriend is man ehough to help you and hopefully his parents are somewhat supportive and yours as well. Be strong and pray to the Lord for guidance and strength. If I can be of any assistance, let me know. I'm a young Mom of two young girls and live in Claremont, CA. I give excellent advice and have faith in the Lord before anyone else. Sincerely, Nikki NikkitaHelene@yahoo.com Not all states have an emancipation statute. However, you can get married with parental permission in most states.