Citizenship and Marriage

Can an illegal alien be deported after he marries an American citizen?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-09-18 06:27:45
2010-09-18 06:27:45

If the alien entered illegally and did not have an I-601 approved, then the alien will always be subject to deportation

User Avatar

Related Questions

No if the marriage is only for becoming legal. The person who marries an illegal to make them legal is breaking federal laws, can be arrested, and serve prison time. The illegal will be deported.

if u married an illegal alien u dont have a status so to speak, but u need to get him a green card, or he will get deported and whoever is married to him will have 15 yrs to life in jail for housing illegal aliens

They will become an American citizen

A person will not automatically become a US citizen as soon as soon as an illegal alien marries a citizen. The illegal alien will have to file for a VISA with the INS.

Nope, both need to learn new words in English and both to drive on the wrong side of the road for each other?

No, must correct the illegal status first.Does have marriage, children, work history in USA going for him.I would not leave the USA for any reason, might be refused entry

Once you are officially married to an American citizen, you can not be deported from the country, unless you engage in a criminal offense.

only if the person marries a US citizen

No Marrage, or even having an American child makes no difference. This is a common assumption by americans- they think that if an illegal marries a citizen it gives them the right to be here, The truth is that it makes no difference whatsoever

The marriage may be valid, but once the person is deported, for any reason, he/she is guilty of "agrivated re-entry" if he/she ever returns to the U.S. The spouse is welcome to live with the illegal immigrant in his nation of birth as husband and wife.

I am not a lawyer, and as such I am not entitled to give legal counsel, but if the marriage can be proven to be a sham, it can be dissolved and the alien can be deported. This is fairly rare, has happened in few cases, but the other party in such can be held liable for fraud.

In the appropriate court in the state or province where they now reside.

No. citizenship has to do with where you were born, and where your parents were born. It has nothing to do with marriage.

the child and your self need to go to immagrastion and get citizenship in brazil for the child.

Not automatically. They have to apply for a green card and then apply for Naturalization.

when a illegal immigrant marries a u.s. citizen he or she becomes a u.s. citizen and does not have to return to his or her country I don't think that it's entirely true. If you don't have any papers, then you can not become a US citizen UNLESS you have a visa or greencard.

No, but the Russian may be able to get a green card but might be required to go back home during the paperwork phase.

Not immediately. The legal husband/wife will first have to file a petition for the illegal immigrant to start the process of becoming a citizen. Once the illegal immigrant goes through the process and becomes a citizen, they can apply for a license. There are a few state exceptions that allow illegal immigrants to apply for a license.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.