Children and the Law
Child Support

Can father give up parental rights without a lawyer?

User Avatar
Wiki User
January 07, 2007 2:52PM

Yes, every adult has the legal option to represent themselves in

a court of law, unless a judge rules otherwise. Be advised, that

the court can (and usually will) appoint a Guardian Ad Litem to

represent the child's best interest, rather than allowing the

custodial parent to do so.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.