Do NOT Drink Rubbing Alcohol It can cause blindness. Rubbing alcohol is "isopropyl" alcohol, not the same chemical as grain alcohol, ("ethyl" alcohol). Don't drink it! Rubbing alcohol is POISONOUS to drink!
You shouldn't ever drink rubbing alcohol. It isn't the same as the alcohol in beer, wine, whiskey, etc. Rubbing alcohol is very dangerous and cause things like blindness and death.
Drinking rubbing alcohol can cause dizziness, nausea, and vomiting. Ingesting rubbing alcohol can also cause: diarrhea, pain, bleeding in the stomach and intestines, low blood pressure, shock, and coma.
Typically the type of alcohol in rubbing alcohol is ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL. If someone were to drink this, the body would convert it into acetone. Acetone can cause problems by itself, not exactly alcohol poisoning, but acetone poisoning.
Hello. I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol as a outdoor tanner because once the sun comes into contact with the rubbing alcohol it will cause the alcohol to heat and become very uncomfortable or cause burning on your skin. Stick to normal after sun protection.
A small amount of rubbing alcohol mixed with gas should not hurt your cars engine. The alcohol will burn with no problems.
If used sparingly, especially in cases of using rubbing alcohol to clean a small stain, rubbing alcohol evaporates quickly enough to not cause damage to microsuede furniture.
Wiki is helpful
No, it actually prevents it.
Rubbing alcohol is poisonous and should not be consumed in any amounts under any circumstances. Rubbing alcohol consists of mostly isopropanol alcohol and not the ethyl alcohol that people consume. This alcohol breaks down to acetone in the liver and can cause a wide range of symptoms including vomiting, headaches, dizziness, and can even cause a person to go into a coma.
Sort of. First off rubbing alcohol doesn't have to be all alcohol, it can be some water in it too, and water can promote rust. Next thing rubbing alcohol can remove a possibly protective layer of grease, which can make metal rust faster.
No, it should not.
When you inhale rubbing alcohol, you become dizzy, numb, and can have altered perceptions. When you inhale, the liquid is absorbed into the lungs and it can cause severe nerve damage.
Health care professionals use rubbing alcohol on theoi hands all day long, so must inhale some of it & it doesn't cause a problem.
Inhaling large amounts of rubbing alcohol could cause dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, difficulty breathing, and throat and nostril irritation. This can be especially true for children.
I doubt it. And do you have any idea of the amount of pain and burning that it will cause?
I personally believe so... I tried to blow fire from my mouth (using 91% Alcohol Rubbing Alcohol) (yes, i know, very stupid) and 4 days later my mouth is still raw/ sore inside from the rubbing alcohol. it really hurts. I think i learned my lesson. Hope My mistake teaches you!!
Difference In Grain and Rubbing AlcoholIf memory serves me correctly, grain alcohol is derived from the fermentation of various grains, with the most common being from corn, and it's safe to consume. On the other hand, rubbing alcohol contains isopropyl alcohol (which is a chemically made alcohol), and usually contains additional water and sometimes glycerine, and isn't intended to be substituted for either grain or wood alcohol. To drink it would make one very ill and may even be lethal, or cause blindness. In other words grain alcohol is not equal to rubbing alcohol. period.steph says no.
It shouldn't but if you smell to much it may cause some problems, try using the the wafting technique so you don't get as much alcohol than you should.