Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-10-13 10:28:35

They could be in some cases depending on how and why they were injured and what the relationship and residence status is to he named insured.

Your homeowners medical coverage is specific to the named insured(s). Generally this is the home owner and resident family members.

If someone else was injured on your property due to the insureds direct actions or through the insureds negligence for which you could be held liable then such an injury would be covered under the liability portion of your homeowners insurance policy.

Bear in mind though that a homeowner is not automatically liable for an injury on the property simply because you own it. The injury would first have to be demonstrated as the fault of the insured, otherwise the homeowner is not liable.


Your Answer

Related Questions

Homeowners Insurance is specific to the property of the named insured(s). It does not matter what state your in. If you are a third party not named on the Home insurance policy, then you nor any of your property would be covered and you would not have a valid claim.

Home Invasion and Homeowners InsuranceThat all depends. What did they steal? Is it covered under your homeowners Policy? If the stolen property is listed as covered under your homeowners Insurance then you should file a claim for the stolen property. If the door or window was kicked in or damaged then you can file a claim for cost of repairs.There is no coverage specific to a home invasion on your homeowners policy so there is no pay out for "home invasion" in and of itself.If you were injured firing the home invasion you will need to look to your medical insurance to cover the costs of related health care.

Domestic animals are not covered under the homeowners policy. As it pertains to a liability situation, a dog would be considered 'property' and the homeowners "damage to property of others" provision in the liability section of the policy applies but only if you were the one who injured the dog, usually with a limit such as $500.

Employee injuries and Homeowners InsuranceNO, Your homeowners insurance policy does not extend coverage to your employees nor to the employees of a contractor performing services at your home.The injured employee needs to look to the employers provided Workers compensation program or to their own medical insurance policy for coverage.

When you own a home you are libl for nything that happens on your property. Homeowners liability insurance covers you in the event someone i injured on your property. Homeowner's liability insurance covers the homeowner in the event that someone gets injured while on their property. It covers medical bills and other expenses for guests if something happens to them while at your home.

It really just depends on what kind of insurance policy you bought. Some will offer certain limited property coverage while away from home. But typically, Homeowners insurance coverage is limited to your home and property and does not cover criminal activities of the insured anywhere. If you were injured in a Bar fight, you would look to your Health insurance policy for coverage

No, homeowners covers the dwelling. Some policies offer Liability and Medical payments coverage, but only if a guest is injured on the insured property.

No. Homeowners insurance covers many many things but it is not health insurance. It does not pay for injuries to the homeowners for any reason whatsoever.

No You would need to seek coverage under your medical insurance policy for accidental injuries. Homeowners insurance is for property and liabilities that may arise out of home ownership. Home insurance does not replace medical insurance. If you think the property owner is liable through cause of injury, you might seek coverage under their liability if they carry the coverage.

No. Unlike auto insurance, homeowners insurance is optional and is not mandatory if your house is paid for. Just keep in mind though, if your home is lost due to fire, tornado, etc., you will not collect any kind of recovery for the loss. Also, without a homeowners insurance policy with liability coverage, you won't be covered for liability damages should someone fall or be injured in some way while at your home.

Nothing. If you are a household resident you cannot make a claim for injuries incurred in your own home. Residents are covered as insured persons under the homeowners policy and therefore cannot be negligent to themselves.

Homeowners policies come in different varieties. One of the broadest forms is the HO-3 which provides both physical damage coverage for the structure insured, and liability coverage for third parties who are injured on the property due to the negligence of the insured. Wage loss can be a portion of a claim made by an injured person against the property owner, so to that extent, wage loss may be covered or compensated under the policy. That is, a part of the aggregate damages that the third-party sustains may be lost wages. However, wage loss to the insured him/herself is not covered.

Loss assessment on a homeowner's insurance policy is protection against getting sued for a person being injured on the property. This is a common insurance that condominium owners need to protect themselves from lawsuits for someone being injured in the common areas of the condominium complex..

any person who is injured on your property which is a fault of the property such as wall falling on them or they trip on a garden path. this would be covered under the property owners liability and usually allows upto £2million

You don't HAVE to cover your property with homeowners insurance once your home has not mortgage but you could lose everything if you had a fire or if someone was injured on your property. Some HOA's require some type of insurance on every property regardless of mortgage. Its not a wise decision to drop coverage.

True Homeowners insurance policies include defense and payments for your negligent acts. Usually, there is not a deductible on those payments. A visitor who is injured by your negligence could sue or demand payments and your insurance company would defend you and/or pay the claimant. Talk to the agent or company that sold you the policy.


Typically, after you are injured at work, an employer will send you to the doctor that is covered by their worker's compensation insurance.

You should refer to your homeowners policy, liability section. Many policies may have an exclusion for 'tenants' who are injured on the residence premises. Normally, non-trespassers are covered for injury that may occur on your property. Med pay coverage provides medical expense for injured parties. For a serious injury the liability section will consider your negligence (responsibility) for the injury and may or may not provide coverage for the injured person.

The easiest way is just to ask them. Bear in mind though that most homeowners insurance policies now exclude coverage for damage and injuries from pets. Fortunately though our mandated ACA compliant health care policy will cover the associated cost and it has no limit and it does not matter how or where the injury occurred. Some homeowners purchase property coverage but do not purchase liability coverage, So there may or may not be coverage for your injury under the homeowners insurance policy. You will have to start a lawsuit and when you do (providing you were bitten by their animal or injured some other way) the lawyer or judge will find out the insurance information during something called disclosure and discovery. In the discovery process your attorney will learn if they have a homeowners insurance policy, if that policy has liability coverage and if the policy provides liability coverage for owned pets. If they do have and the policy has liability coverage and pet injuries are covered under the policy then you may receive a judgement. It would be much easier to just ask them first rather than have to sue first. Also bear in mind that an ACA compliant health insurance policy already covers such injuries.

A worker injured in the course of employment ("on the clock") and the scope of employment (performing assigned duties) is covered - other workers are not covered.

This will depend on the policy you have, and who the pet belongs to. In general, if it is your own pet that is injured, no. If the pet belongs to someone else, and is injured due to negligence of the insured person, it may.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.