Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-12-20 17:01:21
2012-12-20 17:01:21

Yes, you have to get a judgement first.


Related Questions

Yes. If the creditor receives a lawsuit judgment the judgment can be enforced as a wage ganishment.

Can wages be garnished for the balance of an auto loan in the state of Delaware

Your wages can be garnished for an auto repossession if there is a court order. All wage garnishment's must be obtained from the county court of your residence.

if your car is repossesed than it just goes ony our credit your wages wont be withheld

Yes providing an order has been signed by a judge.

Hello, Jamison here, Yes! Not likely though,,,,,,,, Unless its one of the BIG-3

That depends on if the lender uptained a judgment againt you. They would have sought a judgment if the value of the car exceeded the balance of the loan at the time it was reposesed. Some peole are stupid enough to intentionally make their car worthless if it's going to be reposesed. The differanc between the value of the auto and the loan is what the lender will go after.

Yes, it can. And if the sale price of the auto is not enough to settle the debt, the remaining debt may still be garnished from your wages.

Yes, if they obtained a judgment in the processes. No employer will release wages to a third party without a valid order of garnishment however.

All banks in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Virginia--wait!--All banks in every state will garnish your wages for unpaid balances for which they have a judgment. This is a common practice in the collection industry. And, if they can locate it, they will garnish your bank accounts and other assets as well.

They can attach your whole paycheck. Then, you have to go talk to them and promise to pay so they will lift the garnishment. Otherwise, the get your next paycheck.

Any form of income can be garnished, to a certain limit.can a retirement check be garnished for a auto repo.

Wages can only be garnished for three reasons. 1. IRS 2. Child Support 3. Student loans. Anyone that told you different committed fraud if it was a collector. go to at the consumer section and you will read all your looking for

yes but just be careful you coud catch an auto immune deficiency check with the doctor

No. Even if the couple reside in a community property state, the wife would be able to use the innocent spouse defense to prevent the judgment from being executed against her as income garnishment. However, all other marital property, including bank accounts, other non exempt assets and jointly held real property would be subject to the execution of the judgment. The exception would be any marital property held as Tenancy By The Entirety according to the laws of the state in which the couple reside.

Depends on the laws in your state.

Yes, but only by an order of the courts brought by a motion from the plaintiffs for such wage garnishments to occur. The bank or collections agency can not garnish wages without the courts, and if they threaten to take such actions without intentions or ability they may be in violation of State and/or Federal collections laws.

Yes, my wages were being garnished due to a auto accident my son was in after he stole my car. I was being sued by Nationwide Insurance Co., I had to contact an attorney and because I never received certified notification of the court date, my attorney was able to file a motion to stop the garnishment. There of course was a judgment and then the attorney for nationwide put a judgment suspension on my drivers license and my registration for my vehicle. In the end I had to file chapter 13 bankruptcy to get my driving privileges and to get my finances on track....Good luck.

They can take whatever the security for the loan was. For example, if you have an auto loan, they can repossess the auto. If you have a home loan, they can repossess the home. If the loan was a recourse loan and the value of whatever was repossessed was less than the amount still owed on the loan, they can get a deficiency judgment in a court of law. If the court grants a judgment, they can they take other assets.

Auto immune deficiency syndrome

Yes--but only if they have a court judgment against you. In that case, they would have what is called a judgment lien.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.