Credit and Debit Cards
Debt Consolidation

Can you be forced to pay the balance due on a repossession from 1986?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 20:46:34
2015-07-15 20:46:34

Demand VERIFICATION of the debt. Dont say or do anything until you have verification in your hand. THEN you can prceed to make a plan. Someone somewhere had to have gotten a JUDGEMENT against your husband for the balance owing. The judgment has to be in effect for them to try to collect.


Related Questions

User Avatar

"remaining balance" as in what you are behind OR the remaining balance due on the loan??

User Avatar

Actually, it doesn't just come off your record. It will show as a repossession, but it will show as no balance due.

User Avatar

The second to last sentence should read - Never will a voluntary repossession cost you MORE than a forced repossession. A repo is a repo. Voluntary Repos will, in most cases, save you money due to the cut in fees associated with the repossession. In some cases these fees will not be any less and the cost of a voluntary repo and the cost of a forced repo are the same. Never will a voluntary repossession cost you less than a forced repossession. Either way, voluntary repossession is the decision I would make, due to the possibility of a lesser cost.

User Avatar

IF they have a JUDGEMENT for the balance due, they can garnishee your wages. Income taxes?? NO

User Avatar

DID the lender get a judgment for the balance due? Demand verification of the debt from CA. NO verification, NO PAY...

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.