Car Buying
Auto Loans and Financing
Declarative and Interrogative Sentences

Can you buy a car if your license is from a state other than the state you are buying the car?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-07-27 03:38:00

Yes. Infact, you don't even need a license to buy an automobile. Yes and not only that, if you can come up with an out-of-state residence, you MIGHT be able to get out of paying sales tax.


Your Answer

Related Questions

If you are referring to a drivers license/permit - - you may not legally possess a drivers license/permit from other than your state of legal residence.

It is unlawful to possess a drivers license or state issued identity card issued by any state other than the one in which you reside.

Buying Ohio state apparel may not actually support anything other than clothing. They supply clothing to you to buy and wear, and other miscellaneous items.

Why was it revoked? It's probably a question that will come up at renewal of your other license's. Was it your home state? I think out of state licenses are based on your home state license.

the Pennsylvania dmv will ask if you've had a license in any other state. and if it is currently suspended or revoked. you can lie and see if anything pops up in the computer. you won't get in trouble for lying to the dmv, you just won't get your license. but usually, no. another state will not give you a license if your suspended or revoked in another state.Added; It is against the law to possess a drivers license from any other state other than the one you reside in.

You have to obtain the license from the location of the marriage. The county clerk of that county will issue it.

EVERY state has such a law. It is unlawful to possess a license from any other state other than the one where you legally reside (note: An exception is made for active-duty military personnel).

Probabaly not, states communicate with each other when you apply for a drivers license and show a previous address out of state. California will check Oregon records and advise you to settle any outstanding suspensions, court fees or court appearances in that state prior to you being eligible for a CA license. Also it is illegal in most states to possess more than one drivers license from more than one state, meanining you surrender your previous state license when you apply for a license in another state.

No. All state DMV's share their information and honor each others drivers records and court decisions. Furthermore, it is unlawful to have a drivers license from a state other than that of your legal residence.

The drivers license from your home state of residence is legal as long as you are still a legal resident of that state. If you become a resident of the state of Texas (other than being stationed there in the military), yes, you would.

For the most part, no. A suspended license means that you technically still have a license. And you are not allowed to have more than one license at a time. And a state will not issue you a license if you hold one in another state.

It depends on which state, and if you have employees other than yourself.

If you don't have, or do not qualify for, a state drivers license, the state also issues state identification cards. The requirement that you positively identify yourself with verifiable documentation as to who you really are still exists, but it should serve as an alternative picture-ID to the drivers license. As it is in most(all?) other states, you cannot possess BOTH a Texas drivers license and a Texas identification card at the same time - only one or the other.

Legally that is not allowed. You cannot hold a license in more than one state at a time, and a suspended license counts.

As a general rule, whenever you are curious about what state laws apply, the answer will always be "the state that you are in".

each state requires you to purchase a license for that state. you will find that hunting in a state other than the one in which you reside will cost much more to purchase a permit with two exceptions. one you are a youth or you have a military id and you are stationed in that state. Most states provide permits to these groups at the resident rate, but not all.

No. You must have that resolved before you'll be eligible to upgrade your license. Additionally, if the speeding ticket was from a state other than the state of issue, and your home state did not honor their request to suspend your license for nonpayment of a fine, the state which issued the ticket will eventually suspend your driving privilege in that state, meaning that, if you get pulled over in that state, it will be treated the same as driving on a suspended license.

Yes. No different than if you were a resident of that state and driving on a suspended license. A suspended license is invalidated everywhere.

It is against the law to hold more than one driver's license. It is considered an opportunity to play games with identification. And if you lose your license in one state, you are not able to have a license in any state.

In my state of Kentucky, no. More than likely your state is the same, but not 100% sure. Ask your state license bureau.

That would not be allowed. You cannot hold a license in more than one state at a time, and a suspended license counts.

That would be considered illegal. You cannot hold a license in more than one state at a time, and a suspended license counts.

To carry a handgun openly or concealed in the state of Georgia (other than on your property or inside your home, car, or your place of business), you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License (or the older Georgia Firearm License)

After you move to IL, apply at the DMV for an IL license? They will issue you an IL license (if you are eligible). You must surrender your IN license and they will notify IN to cancel it. You are not allowed (federal law) to possess a drivers license from more than one state (your 'home' state).

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.