Liability Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance
Malpractice Insurance

Can you list Additional Insureds on Professional Liability Insurance?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-09-20 12:07:37
2011-09-20 12:07:37

Yes, In New York, that is true for medical professional liability.

User Avatar

Related Questions

General liability insurance does not provide property coverage, except for 3rd party claims alleging property damage due to the insureds' negligence.

Yes but you would need to have the lessor and the lessee as additional insureds on the policy.

Individual added to a life insurance policy other than the insured named in the policy. For example, an insured father can have a dependent son and daughter added to the policy as additional insureds. In many instances, adding an additional insured to an existing policy is less expensive than purchasing a separate policy for that insured. In property and liability insurance: another person, firm, or other entity enjoying the same protection as the named insured.

NO, The landlords, or owners insurance is specific to the named insureds property and liabilities. If your tenant has chosen to own a trampoline that would be there own responsibility and their own liability in the event of a loss or injury.Bear in mind though that whether the owner lives in the house or it is leased to a tenant the insurance company will most likely cancel the policy if they discover a trampoline on the property.AnswerPlease remember that liability insurance covers negligence, so the trampoline would only be covered by liability insurance if you can prove some level of negligence associated with the trampoline.

Contractors Liability Insurance would protect against damage and injuries that you may cause. Many companies that you do a job for would request an additional insured endorsement which may cost you an extra $100 per endorsement. Blanket additional insured endorsements cost about 3 to 4 times that, and make sense when you are adding more than 4 additional insureds to your policy. Other coverage that you might want to consider are: Business Personal Property, Loss of Income, Workers Compensation and Commercial Vehicle Coverage.

Most group (insurance you get thru your employer) health companys/policy refer to their insureds as 'members'.

No, The medical coverage portion of your policy (usually $500) is for minor injuries that can occur around the home and is specific to the named insureds. Your home insurance policy is not a replacement for major medical insurance. If your guest feels you are responsible for their injuries through your negligence then they could sue you for coverage under the liability portion of your home insurance policy.

Because this form is designed for general liability policies because the insurer is obligated to defend and indemnify that additional insured in accordance with the policy terms and conditions. Generally, the insurer remains obligated to fulfill its obligations under the policy even if the additional insured's negligence is the sole cause of the liability for which damages are being sought. Insurers, however, always try to limit their exposure as to additional insureds and the intent is not to cover other company's employees. Coverage for those employees should be provided by their employer and most General Liability specifically exlude coverage for employees.

It will be listed on your "declarations page". This page lists the named insureds, coverages, limit, and deductible. If you don't have one then ask your agent for another copy. They usually come in the mail when your policy renews every year.

Farmers Group Inc typically requires its insureds to contact their agents directly to make a request for proof of insurance.

NO, All auto insurance policies specifically exclude coverage for accidents and claims that arise from criminal activity other than normal traffic violations. Auto theft is a felony in the U.S. No Auto Insurance Company in the USA would be obligated to pay for a claim arising from the Insureds theft of another persons property.

Car rental companies get their car insurance from the distributors or dealerships where they have acquired their cars.

Motor Truck Cargo policy for hire, the insured is protected for legal liability relating to property of others in the course of transit Transit or Transportation Insurance is insurance on merchandise and /or cargo while it is being moved and subject to loss or damage during transportation (typically coverage referred to and applying to the insureds owned goods).

If you take money and execute a contract, you are opening your business entity up to liability. If you are negligent and legally required to pay damages, even if your subcontractors are the ones who caused the damage, you are still required to make the claimant whole by satisfying the terms of the judgment. Don't think of insurance as something that is required, and I don't believe it should be, but as a thick massive wall of $1,000,000 between you and your assets that costs pennies per $ of revenue. Financially competent customers will not deal with you if you cannot 1) provide them a certificate of insurance, and 2) name them as additional insureds under an ISO (or similar) general liability policy. Talk to an independent agent who will represent YOUR interests.

A dividend represents a distribution of earnings made by a mutual life insurance company to its policyholders. From the standpoint of corporate structure, a mutual company is owned by the policyholders--therefore, they benefit from the earnings. The distribution may be in cash, by additional paid-up insurance, or in some other form. The insureds designate how they want dividends distributed to them when they apply for insurance through the insurer.

Yes ... Some insureds have full glass coverage, others may have a deductible to satisfy before the insurance pays.

There is no national database for insureds, you would need to do some legwork to find out if a policy was in force and call quite a few insurance companies.

I can tell you that in 2004 52 Billion was paid out in life insurance benefits. Currently there is approx 17 Trillion of life insurance in force. 492 Billion of that is on insureds age 65 or older.

The gist of your question is not clear. Specifically, insurance claims are not directed to people; instead, insureds or claimants direct claims to insurers. If you are asking about the options that a claimant has if the at-fault party or his/her/its insurer denies liability or damages or both, the claimant is free to file a civil suit for damages. The burden will be on the claimant to prove liability (fault) and damages. If the person sued has liability insurance applicable to the claim, the insurer will provide a defense to the insured, or settle the claim with the claimant if it believes that its insured has a legal liability for the occurrence. If you are asking about the options that an insured has against his/her/its own insurer in the event of a first-party claim, the insured may likewise usually file a lawsuit for coverage. Those types of lawsuits are generally complex, and it is usually not advisable for the insured to try to represent him/herself. Further, virtually all States have bodies of statutes pertaining to claims settlement practices, and some may provide for additional penalties that can be imposed by the State insurance regulator.

Second to die insurance is a life insurance policy with a death benefit that is paid only when the second of two insureds dies. No benefits are paid as long as both live, or if just one lives.

It doesn't, Additional interests are where other entities, companies , individuals, lien holders etc, can be listed as co-insureds on your policy. It has no effect on the underlying coverage.

It depends on the bankruptcy... In NJ, if it is a personal bankruptcy & didn't involve any breach in fiduciary responsibility or money of insurers or insureds then it will not prevent one from renewing or attaining an insurance license.

Potatoes were created. you might be surprised to here that people invented potatoes to protect policy owners insureds and beneficiaries under insurance contacts when insurers fail to perform contractual obligations due to financial impairment.

Milton B. Pfeffer has written: 'The permissible limits of subrogation against insureds' -- subject(s): Insurance law, Subrogation 'Mortgages and the standard fire insurance policy'

After the assets are distributed, a new policy should be written. I would contact the agent and inform them of the named insureds passing.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.