Home Equity and Refinancing
Deeds and Ownership

Can you quick claim deed yourself on your grandmothers title to her home but not on the mortgage?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-02-09 23:31:05
2012-02-09 23:31:05

You can't, but your grandmother could if she wishes.

User Avatar

Related Questions

In Ohio, if you sign a quick claim deed to land and a house when your name is still on the mortgage loan, you will still be responsible to the bank.

You could file a quit claim deed. It will not remove your obligations under the mortgage and since the quit claim means they get the same rights you have, it doesn't to any good, except if there is any equity in the property after the sale, they will get it, not you.

To remove your name file or have a lawyer file a Quick Claim Deed with your county. This is a standard procedure in divorices or other matters.

The main information required to calculate quick mortgage rates is the amortization period, which is the number of years the mortgage is taken out for, the total amount of the mortgage as well as the payments that you choose to make.

No you can not. The best you can do is take him off the deed by having him sign a quick claim deed. You will need to qualify for a refinance to get him off the loan.

Yes, If the house was given to you in the divorcee. You will also need to have a quick claim deed done and he will need to sign it. Both mortgages will have to be included in the refi, because they are both tied to the property.

The grant deed and quick claim deed are very different. It is possible to get both for the mortgage company. You will need to visit a title company for more details on your specific situation.

In order to file a quick claim deed, a person must have a written form that is signed before a notary that outlines the assets and conditions of the deed. A quick claim deed must also have a grantor and a grantee.

A mortgage in default can be foreclosed no matter how many times you quitclaim it around the family. Every person who receives the property by a quitclaim deed takes it subject to the mortgage. You may slow down the process a little and add to the costs of the foreclosure but the foreclosure rides on the person who had title at the time of the mortgage. THEY gave an interest in the property to the bank in exchange for cash. If the cash was not paid back the bank is going to take possession of the property. Subsequent owners only need to be given notice of the proceeding.

It is a 'quit claim' deed. It means the grantor gives any rights to the property to the new person.

If you have a letter of authority as executor. Otherwise it would not be an appropriate transfer. However, you can quit claim any personal claim you have to someone else.

In Ohio, signing a quick claim deed to land and a house when your name is on the loan will still make you legally responsible for the loan.

First of all, although it is often times called a "quick claim deed", it is actually called a "quit-claim deed". What one is doing who is transferring real property via a quit-claim deed is quitting or giving up whatever claim they have in the property. A quit-claim deed, therefore, can be a risky way of purchasing property when compared to using title insurance.From there, the process depends on state law. The Grantor is the person who is quitting their claim, the Grantee is the one who is receiving the claim.

There is no such thing as a quick claim deed. Quitclaim deed is the correct term. A quitclaim deed is a written instrument used to transfer an owner's interest in real property.

According to the quick search the lowest mortgage interest rate that seems to be available is 2.7%. You can contact your local agent and they can find the best deals for you on average.

If two people owned property, executed a mortgage, and the mortgage is in default, the foreclosure will be filed in both names. It was both mortgagors who defaulted and both will be parties to the foreclosure. If one executes a quitclaim deed to the other that will not stop their being mentioned in the foreclosure.

Answered by Reid Breitman. This is for information only and you should consult a lawyer before relying on anything on the internet. First, it is "quit claim" not quick claim. If I understand this correctly, the property is vested in the name of your father-in-law, who died, but the mortgage was in your mother-in-law's name or both your mother-in-law and father-in-law. It does not matter who is on the mortgage. That just governs who is legally liable to pay the mortgage, and one does not need to be on title to be obligated on the mortgage. One spouse will often sign the mortgage, but not be on title, for a variety of reasons. So, the answer about how to transfer the title to the property: if the father-in-law died, the property will go to his heirs. If he had a will, then the will must be probated. If he had a trust, and the property was in a trust, then the trustee can transfer the property. That's why trusts are such good things to have...avoids probate and can provide legal tax advantages. If he nad no trust and no will, then it still has to be probated, and it is a big pain to figure out who the heirs are, but it will be done through the probate court and will take time. Now, there may be other issues, and you should definitely consult an attorney on these important issues. For example, there may be facts that might support a claim that the mother-in-law, or someone else, has a claim to the property. Those claims will have to be brought soon, before some applicable statute of limitations might apply to bar the claim. The mother-in-law may have community property rights in the property, which should be thoroughly explored by appropriate counsel.

They are not the same, a quit claim deed is a method of transferring rights to property. Joint owned is a form of ownership.

The main alternatives is to eat in not-so-quick restaurants, or to cook yourself.

Liquid Vitamin B is used for quick energy. Powdered Vitamin C mixed with minerals is also used for quick energy. There are many supplements that claim to boost your energy levels.

Quick Claim Deed is usually misspelled and should be Quit Claim Deed. If you are granting the deed you are "quitting" any interest in the property. A quitclaim deed is a fast and effective way of transfering property.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.