Do emancipated minors qualify for government funded homes and assistance?

If it is a case of voluntary emancipation, meaning the minor themselves initiated the action, then the answer is no, public assistance of any sort would not be available. The entire premise of granting emancipation rights to a minor is that the person is able to live independently of adult assistance, which includes such things as food stamps, Section 8 housing assistance, and so forth. When a minor is emancipated by the court through state social service procedures the issue is different in most cases said person will be declared eligible for public assistance.