Vehicle Titles
Legal Documents

Ex will not sign title to car you used for a trade the title is in both your names this is a straw purchase but can you do?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2017-10-10 16:45:10
2017-10-10 16:45:10

It depends on how the title is worded. If both names are on it as "or", for example, john smith or jean smith, you do not have to have his signature to sell it. If it is john smith "and" jean smith, both are required to sign it in order to sell it.


Related Questions

If you have not driven off the lot with the vehicle and have not turned over the title for trade there is no deal. They still have the vehicle you agreed to buy, and the bank has to approve the loan which has not been done either.

You will have to get a duplicate title from DMV

If you have the title signed by the registered owner, you can usuall get away with it but it is usually easier to bring the title holder to the trade in

The dealership should have a trade-in authorization letter so you can get the car title when you pay off your loan. If not, you would just write that you are giving permission to get the title for a trade in.

Whether they would even purchase it would depend on the game title and the current inventory for that title. Many PS2 titles are only worth $1 or $2 for trade in value and not for cash.

Its original title was the U.S. Tariff Commission; it received its current title in 1975.

If you and your deceased spouse were listed as "OR" on the title, it only takes on signature to release the title to the new owner. However, if the names were listed with "AND", then both signatures would be required. Since this is no longer physically possible, you need to take the title, along with the certificate of death, to the motor vehicle office and have your deceased spouses name removed from said title before you even attempt to sell or trade in this auto.

Absolutly. If the title is in both names it will be required that the other party "sign off" the title as you will need to sign off the title too when you sell or trade in the car.

Not if your name isn't on the title.

If bothe names are on the title then no. If its just your name then yes. If the bank has the title then call them about it. In my experience its a huge pain in the ass to sell a car with a lien on it. Trust me. If it is a title and the other person signs off on it then yes. If you are trying to sell the car without the other named person whether it is a title or registration then no.

Dursban, Lorsban, and Renoban are names by which chlorpyrifos is known.Specifically, chlorpyrifos is an organophosphate insecticide. It therefore uses phosphoric acid esters in its manufacture. It will be available for purchase under the above-mentioned trade names.

No. Every vehicle has to have a title , I believe after 1972. The vehicle cannot be transferred unless there is a clean title to it.

No it is not as it is not a trade name. Only trade names of medications are capitalized.

You can trade in a PS3 as some retail stores like Gamestop. You can purchase a Refurbished PS3 from them, but they will not give you just a used one and will not trade. You must get a credit then purchase the item using money and your trade in credit

trade;trade for something both partcipants want. Buy or purchase.

Answer: I take it you are talking about a trade in. You or the dealer will have to apply for a lost title.. simple.

The Louisiana purchase doubled the size of America and we could trade more

a cash is an amount deducted from the value of an item at time of purchase, while a trade discount is the deducted from purchase amount for an item of placed value surrendered at time of purchase.

You cannot sell or trade a car without a title. Apply for a duplicate title at your local DMV.

Trademark is a broader term for marks used in trade such as trade names, logos, slogans, and trade dress.

You can purchase free trade coffee online at

No, not unless her name is on the title.

Yes, if you have a clear title with no liens on it.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.