Law & Legal Issues
Citizenship and Marriage

How can an illegal alien become a legal one?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2006-07-17 16:27:22

The foreign national must return to their country of origin and apply for entry into the US by the prescribed method. The exception is if the unlawfully present foreign national qualifies for asylee or refugee status.


Related Questions

An illegal alien can get an alien registration number by filing for one from the INS Bureau. The illegal alien will need to show proof of identity such as a birth certificate.

Why do you have one?Why do you have one?

I am not immigration lawyer or anything like that. But I believe that if it is very hard for a US citizen to marry an illegal alien in the US (because of all the paperwork and time that it takes and the legth of time, one year or more. Often the illegal alien will HAVE to go back to their country and start the paperwork process from there). That's why it seems to me that it would be even more difficult for a permanent resident alien to marry an illegal alien, but perhaps not imposible-- perhaps. That is assuming that you are a permanet resident alien of the US or have a similar visa.

No you will not! If you are an illegal alien regardless of who you marry and when, you need to regularize your status before you can think about applying for US citizenship. That usually, but not always, means going back to your native land and re-entering the US legally - and maintaining that legal status. Most illegal aliens are here because there is little to no opportunity for income and education in their homeland, or they are fleeing violence there and were unable to get refugee status. No one wants to go away from loved family and friends, but people go to where the jobs are. And no - marriage in the country is not the same thing as being born there: if your parents are illegal but you are born here, you are legal, they are not. Legal naturalization only occurs via State Department or being born here.

I do not think that applys any longer. So the answer is no you will not automaticly become an American Citzen just because you marry one of us. I do not think that applys any longer. So the answer is no you will not automaticly become an American Citzen just because you marry one of us.

No, you cannot become an alien, not even be abducted by one. this may come with an EP.

It can be hard, but your best option is to go to the illegal alien car centre and buy one from there,This can be tricky. It may take a couple of months for your application to be approved

Depends on how many illegal aliens... One truck per every illegal alien.

No. Your second marriage is not legal. In fact, in the United States a married person who knowingly marries again while still married to their first spouse commits bigamy. You need to obtain a legal divorce to dissolve your first marriage.

Yup, totally legal. That is if you can afford to buy one.

Immigration laws vary by country, but in general an illegal alien is one who is not in a recognized immigration status in their host country. This can happen when the alien enters the country without permission, or enters with permission but does not leave when the time for their legal stay expires. There are many types of legal status short of citizenship. Examples in the U.S.A. would include aliens visiting on tourist visas, aliens present on business or employment visas, and students and researchers visiting on education-based visas. These are all "legal" aliens. It should also be noted that "illegal" and "criminal" are not strictly synonymous. Crossing the U.S. border illegally is a crime, while overstaying a visa is a civil rather than a criminal offense. A more commonplace example of this legal distinction would be the difference between say double parking and driving under the influence of alcohol. Both are illegal, but only the latter is criminal (laws in your jurisdiction may vary).

No It is not legal. But you can have one in your home but it is illegal to carry out side of your home

No, uncle won't help. The laws allow immigrants to sponsor immigrant visas to their families which mean parents, spouses and children.

Possibly, but if you've been in the US over a year illegally or you've been convicted of a crime, you will most likely be denied a visa. You will then need to apply for the I-601 waiver (after denial) which will most likely take 15 months for adjudication. If that is denied, you can file an appeal within 30 days.No, not automatically at least.If the alien was marrying first, while on a visa, then applying that is one thing. But if the alien is illegal, then marries, then there has to be a waiver.

Yes. In some countries, deportation is limited to illegal aliens who have also committed crimes.

Actually there are states that issue illegal aliens driver's licenses. New Mexico is one of them. Also Utah and Washington

You need to get a visa, and go through the process of becoming a legal U.S. citizen. The marriage is not legally binding if one partner is an illegal alien. Go to the U.S. government site and see what it takes to become a citizen when marrying a U.S. citizen.

For the same reason everybody else pay child support - to support your child! Just because one parent is a illegal alien does not make the child any less yours.

If you marry an illegal, that person is considered a citizen. But when you divorce that person their citizenship is revoked. STATED BY AUTHOR

The same way one can get married in any other state

No, as no one can claim certain aspects of nature is legal or illegal it's up to you.

No mater how much you like it is illegal the legal age is 16 so just wait one more year Legal in the UK, but sex illegal below 16.

One way would to be born there and another would be to take the citizenship test (Legal). There are illegal ways, but I'm not divulging those

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.