Best Answer

There is no way for that person to becme a citizen immediately. Once the children reach the age of 21, they can sponsor the person for residency, but it is a long process.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 21:37:06
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

US Constitution

20 cards

If an American citizen gives birth in Jamaica is the child considered an American or Jamaican citizen and will the child be able to go to America without paperwork

Why is it important for citizens of the US to be informed about issues and about their political leaders

What has made voters more informed

What method did political parties first use to nominate presidential candidates

See all cards

Politics and Government

22 cards

Who chooses Representatives

What are the main steps in the naturalization process

Which US state produces the most natural gas

Government action in response to an issue

See all cards

Politics and Government

25 cards

Who chooses Representatives

What are the main steps in the naturalization process

Which US state produces the most natural gas

Government action in response to an issue

See all cards

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How can somebody who entered the country with a tourist visa when they were a minor but overstayed become a resident alien immediately?
Write your answer...
Related questions

If a foreigner who originally came on a work permit but overstayed it by 2 plus years marries a citizen can he get a greencard or citizenship?

Yes. He can adjust status to that of legal permanent resident without leaving the country.

Can an overstayed visa alien marry a permanent resident and apply for a green card while in US?

You can get married, but from an immigration standpoint, it will not grant you legal status. If you are overstayed, you must leave the country and return LEGALLY in order to appropriately take advantage of the US laws and constitution. You can also apply for a green card, however, it will not be granted because your are not eligible being overstayed with an expired I94. You are an ILLEGAL alien, thus you loose your privileges.

What happens if I've overstayed a visa?

If you've overstayed your Visa you will be deported back to your home country. If you resist deportation you could serve time in jail and pay heavy fines.

If your boyfriend overstayed his visa by 4 months and is returning to his country will he be able to get a visa to come back to the US?

If you overstayed less than 6 month you will be banned to entering the US for 3 Years, and if you overstayed more than 6 Month you will be banned for 10 Years (AG)

How do you put non resident in a sentence?

I am a non resident in the country of Africa.

If you overstayed a K-1 Visa and break up with your fiancee can you marry another citizen and stay in the US?

No. You have to return to your country of origin.

Can this country protect a resident alien?

The internet is not a country. What country do you mean?

Can an illegal alien can become a legal resident of the United States if in a same-sex marriage with a citizen?

Yes. A same-sex spouse can sponsor a foreigner for legal residency. The problem is, however, that if you entered the country illegally, you must pay the penalty for illegal entry into the United States. This is usually a 10-year exile in your country of origin. If you entered legally but overstayed your visa, then the process is much easier.

What is an illegal resident called?

Illegal resident of a country are often called Illegal Aliens.

What country lies immediately south of Pakistan?

No country lies immediately south of Pakistan. The Arabian Sea is immediately south of Pakistan.

If you are a resident of canberra are you a resident of an island or a continent?

Both, Australia is an island continent and a country.If you are a resident of Canberra, you are a resident of both an island and a continent.In this scenario, you are a resident of a continent, also sometimes known as an island continent. More properly, you are a resident of the country.See the related question below.

If a permanent resident marries a woman from another country can she become a legal resident too?


If you overstayed your visa by 4 years then married a us citizen but left the country could you still get the green card abroad or would you be better of trying to get back into the us again and try f?

theres some law that after 97 if you overstayed by that long than your banned from returning for 10 years...not super technical but...

How did Egypt become a third world country?

somebody died somebody died

Why do you have to be an UK resident to join the x factor?

You can be from any country but you would have to do loads of paper work to show you have now joined this country. So you do have to be a UK resident.

Who can not serve as president?

Someone who is not a resident of the country

What are the qualities do have to have to become president?

No person may be elected as President unless he /she is a natural born citizen of that certain country , a registered voter , able to read and write , at least 40 on the day of the election , and a resident of the country at least Ten years immediately preceding such election... = )

If you came to US on b1 visa and overstayed how do you become citizen?

Dear Sir/Madam . I entered the country in early 2006 with a visitors visa (Type b1/b2), but now I have overstayed .. I want to apply for permanent residency but I am afraid that since I overstayed my visa I will not be eligible. I am going to marry with one USA Citizen , what is the process? how much time it takes for me to get Citizenship? she is married and having 3 kids her hubby was passed away long back. After marriage can I visit my home country to see my parents? if I get any law problems? after marriage if any other reason we separate what rules can apply? please help me

How do you marry an illegal immigrant in the US and then apply for him to become a permanent resident?

You get married the normal way, just as if you were marryng another American. If the alien is illegal because he overstayed his visa, you would file for adjustment of status after getting married and wait for the greencard here in the states. if the alien is illegal because he snuck into the country, you would file the I-130 then file for the K-3 in his country. He'd be denied and you'd then file the I-601

What is a legal resident alien?

someone who has a visa to live or work in a country without becoming a citizen a legal resident alien is a person from another country that has permission to be in the current country but for a certain period of time.

What is a resident born in another country called?

An immigrant.

What is a Beninese?

A Beninese is a native or resident of the country of Benin.

What is a Beninois?

A Beninois is a native or resident of the country of Benin.

What is the difference between permanent alien and permanent resident?

A permanent alien can stay in a country, but not have resident status and certain privleges.

Which country is immediately northwest of Australia?