The police make use of ICT in many areas:
- CCTV cameras constantly monitor what we do whilst we are out and about. There are people watching the cameras who will instantly report signs of trouble to the police.
- Speed cameras both static and mobile are used to catch motorists who are driving too fast.
- Hand-held alcohol breathalysers are used to check if motorists have been drinking too much.
- Computer access is available in most police cars
- Infra-red equipment is used to track fleeing criminals and missing people during the dark
- Schedule duty rotas so that there are always enough police officers on duty
- Analsying crime detection patterns and numbers of crimes successfully solved.