Asked in
Home Equity and Refinancing
Deeds and Ownership

How do you add your wife's name to property title?


User Avatar
Wiki User
February 08, 2011 2:48PM

You need to get a real estate attorney to fill out paperwork and file them.

If you prefer to "do it yourself", I would recommend 2 steps:

1) Discuss your specific scenario with a knowledgeable local real estate professional. They can point out any considerations within your specific situation.

2) You would file a QUIT CLAIM deed at your county office and add the spouse's name to the deed. You should contact your mortgage company to see if this has any adverse effects.