Well, .. for a 1994 Lumina APV - here's what I did: I replaced the starter in my 1994 Lumina APV (3.8 L V6) after about 120,000 miles. Symptom was that the starter would turn over very slowly when the engine was hot. Nice gentleman @ Autozone told me that the coils tend to deteriorate and heat conducted from the engine causes the starter to heat up and then draw high current when hot. Cold starts were fine - hot starts caused the starter to turn very slowly (like the battery was drained). He tested the starter and it tripped the breaker on the tester two (2) times.
Got a remanufactured one for ~$65.
Here's what I did.
1) Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal
2) Raise vehicle front and suitably and safely support.
3) Remove cover from starter wiring (small right angle-like black plastic cover).
3) Loosen large wiring harness (underneath starter) so that it can be moved out of the way.
4) Remove outer nut and wires from solenoid.
5) Remove outer nut and wires wires from starter.
6) Remove two (2) screws retaining plastic flywheel cover and cover. You will need to do this - otherwise you will be unable to remove the front bolt holding the starter to the engine block. This cover is a small black plstic piece located where starter penertates the flywheel cover.
7) Remove (2) bolts retaining starter to the engine block. One is accessable towards the front of the starter/vehicile and the other (long one) is towards the rear of the vehicle - just behind the frame cross member.
8) Position starter so that if can be dropped down (flywheel gear part first).
9) Reverse the above instructions to install the new starter/solenoid.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
A teacher walks into the Classroom and says If only Yesterday was Tomorrow Today would have been a Saturday Which Day did the Teacher make this Statement?
What is pokediger1s password on roblox?
What is Louis Tomlinson's IQ?
How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4 1776?
Which way should you set your ceiling fan to turn - in the summer and in the winter?
How many kids did Alexander Hamilton have?
Does jimmy and Michelle capps have any children together?
What is modal fabric??
What were George Washingtons false teeth made from?
Who was Yale University named after?
What determines whether you are left or right handed?
What would you do if the internet was suddenly gone?
What is the longest plate appearance in MLB history?
What is the official name of the Statue of Liberty?
Why can't we remember our dreams?
Which of Congress's powers is implied through the necessary and proper clause?
Which 2 London Underground stations have no letters in common with breakfast?
Is child singer Kim Sol Mae dead?
What is the national local and organisational agreed ways of working for advance care planning?
Where is elisa boyer today?
Accountancy is necessary while auditing is a luxury comment?
Why was James Cagney estranged from his children?
Why a variable-pitch rack and pinion system is sometimes used?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.