Well, .. for a 1994 Lumina APV - here's what I did: I replaced the starter in my 1994 Lumina APV (3.8 L V6) after about 120,000 miles. Symptom was that the starter would turn over very slowly when the engine was hot. Nice gentleman @ Autozone told me that the coils tend to deteriorate and heat conducted from the engine causes the starter to heat up and then draw high current when hot. Cold starts were fine - hot starts caused the starter to turn very slowly (like the battery was drained). He tested the starter and it tripped the breaker on the tester two (2) times.
Got a remanufactured one for ~$65.
Here's what I did.
1) Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal
2) Raise vehicle front and suitably and safely support.
3) Remove cover from starter wiring (small right angle-like black plastic cover).
3) Loosen large wiring harness (underneath starter) so that it can be moved out of the way.
4) Remove outer nut and wires from solenoid.
5) Remove outer nut and wires wires from starter.
6) Remove two (2) screws retaining plastic flywheel cover and cover. You will need to do this - otherwise you will be unable to remove the front bolt holding the starter to the engine block. This cover is a small black plstic piece located where starter penertates the flywheel cover.
7) Remove (2) bolts retaining starter to the engine block. One is accessable towards the front of the starter/vehicile and the other (long one) is towards the rear of the vehicle - just behind the frame cross member.
8) Position starter so that if can be dropped down (flywheel gear part first).
9) Reverse the above instructions to install the new starter/solenoid.
unbolt neg battery cable, remove wires from starter solenoid, unbolt starter 45 min job
how to change timing cover gasket on a 1996 chevy lumina
i wnt to know how to dis-assemble a transmission in a 1996 chevy lumina
No, they are 2 totally different bodystyles
I just want to see a picture of the chevy lumina pushrod
A 1996 Chevy Lumina transmission will hold four and a half quarts of oil. A 1996 Chevy Lumina will also hold 12 quarts of transmission fluid.
4.7 that's 4 quarts 7 oz.
I think the module is in the distributor with two phillips screws
Behind the dang motor
Is that lumina van or lumina car? BClear. 3100, 3400.
Yes, they're identical.
dash light on my 1996 chevolet lumina is not working where i am able to read mileage
how u take off a transmission speed control sensor on a 1996 chev lumina
on the side of the radiator
No, there is no information suggests that a 1996 Buick Century 231 will fit into a 1999 Chevy Lumina.
Begin by removing the rear speaker covers in your 1996 Chevy Lumina. Remove the speaker retaining screws. Remove the wiring harness from the back of the speaker. Reverse the process to install your new speakers.
First and foremost, make sure you have a diagram before removing the old belt. If there isn
The button to turn on the hazards in Chevy lumina is on top of the steering wheel column.
Where is the freeze plug. On a 1996 lumina3.1v6
get your mama to do it
it doesn't have one