Things You'll Need:
* Wheel chocks * Lug wrench
* Floor jack * Jack stands
* Turkey baster * C-clamp
* Socket set * Multipurpose grease
* Brake pad * Brake fluid
Removing the Wheels
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Place wheel chocks in front and behind the rear wheels and tires.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Loosen the lug nuts on both the front and rear wheels using a lug wrench. Do not turn the lug nuts more than one turn.
5. Raise the front of the vehicle, using a floor jack and support with jack stands placed underneath the front frame.
6. Lift the rear of the vehicle. Begin by positioning a floor jack underneath the rear frame. Raise the jack, then place jack stands underneath the rear frame. Lower the jack.
7. Unscrew the lug nuts on both the front and rear wheels using a lug wrench. Lift all four wheels off the lug studs and move them out of the way.
8. Open the master cylinder reservoir and siphon about 2/3 of the fluid out using an old turkey baster. You cannot use the baster for food ever again.
Removing the Brake Pads
9. Position a C-clamp over the brake caliper. Position the bottom of the clamp on the inboard side of the caliper. Position the top of the clamp on the outboard brake pad. Compress the C-clamp to drive the caliper piston back into its bore.
10. Unscrew the two screws that secure the brake caliper to the steering knuckle, using a socket. Do not remove the banjo bolt that secures the hydraulic brake line to the caliper.
11. Lift the caliper off the brake disc using your hands. Do not put stress or allow the caliper to hang from the hydraulic brake hose.
12. Pull the brake pads from the caliper using your hand.
Installing the Brake Pads
13. Pull the guide pin bushings from the caliper, using your hand. These are the bushings that the caliper retaining bolts slide through.
14. Coat the outside of the guide pin bushings with a multipurpose grease before reinserting them into the brake caliper.
15. Press the new pads into position in the brake caliper. Be sure the steel clip on the inboard pad fits into the caliper piston. Fit the steel clip on the outboard pad over the tabs on the outside of the caliper.
16. Drop the caliper into position over the brake pad.
17. Screw in the two bolts that secure the caliper to the steering knuckle, using a socket.
Installing the Wheels
18. Lift the wheels onto the lug studs, and screw on the lug nuts using a lug wrench.
19. Lower the vehicle.
20. Retighten the lug nuts using a lug wrench.
21. Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir. Add brake fluid as necessary.
22. Pump the brake pedal until pressure builds in the brake system (five to seven times). This will reset the pistons inside the brake calipers.
23. Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir. Add brake fluid as necessary.
Tips & Warnings
* While the calipers are removed check them and replace if you see any signs of brake fluid leaks.
* Brake fluid can damage the paint on your vehicle.
how do change brake pads on a 2002 dodge pickup 4x4
common metric socket set, brake fluid, brake pads, some of that brake quiet crap auto zone always give you, heavy duty flat head.... a jack, and a little know how, and time
how do i change to front brakes on a dodge durango?
how do you chage bracke pads on a 355 2004 dodge diesel truck
Unless the caliper is broken, you can just replace the brake pads.
How do you change brake pads on a 2002 Nissan Sentra? How do you change brake pads on a 2002 Nissan Sentra? How do you change brake pads on a 2002 Nissan Sentra?
you buy brake pads and you change them
Lift the car, remove the tire, remove the brake shoe/calipers and remove the old brake pads. Put in the new brake pads, replace the brake shoe/calipers, replace the tire and lower the car.
how to change front brake pads on a 1994 lexus es300
you have to remove the caliper to access the brake pads
How do I change the brake pads on Toyota tacoma 2007
How do you change brake pads for a 2000 Nissan Quest?
how to change front brake pads on a 2003 neon
You can change the brake pads by first removing the wheel. Remove the brake and retaining springs. Reverse the process to install the new brake pads.
Lift the car, remove the tires, remove the brake shoe/calipers, and remove the old brake pad. Put in the new brake pads, replace the brake shoe/caliper, replace the tire and lower the car.
remove old brake pads, replace with new brake pads voila!
I used this book and I change my pads in 45min. Haynes repair manual, Dodge Neon 2000 thru 2003. Book #30036
You can change the brake pads on your 2007 Honda by removing the wheel. Remove the brake pad springs. The brake pads will come off. Reverse the process to install the new brake pads.
how do i change rear brake pads on 53 plate Picasso hdi
Haynes repair manual, Dodge Neon 2000 thru 2003. Book #30036
The brake pads on a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 are replaced by removing the wheels, unbolting the calipers, and taking out the brake pads. The caliper piston must be pressed back in before new pads are installed.
is it hard to change brake pads on a 1989 BMW 735i
How do you change the rear brake pads on a 2010 Chevy Malibu
In order to change the brake pads, you must first remove the wheel. Remove the retaining clips and the brake pads will come off. Reverse the process to install the new pads.