Things You'll Need:
* Wheel chocks * Lug wrench
* Floor jack * Jack stands
* Turkey baster * C-clamp
* Socket set * Multipurpose grease
* Brake pad * Brake fluid
Removing the Wheels
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Place wheel chocks in front and behind the rear wheels and tires.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Loosen the lug nuts on both the front and rear wheels using a lug wrench. Do not turn the lug nuts more than one turn.
5. Raise the front of the vehicle, using a floor jack and support with jack stands placed underneath the front frame.
6. Lift the rear of the vehicle. Begin by positioning a floor jack underneath the rear frame. Raise the jack, then place jack stands underneath the rear frame. Lower the jack.
7. Unscrew the lug nuts on both the front and rear wheels using a lug wrench. Lift all four wheels off the lug studs and move them out of the way.
8. Open the master cylinder reservoir and siphon about 2/3 of the fluid out using an old turkey baster. You cannot use the baster for food ever again.
Removing the Brake Pads
9. Position a C-clamp over the brake caliper. Position the bottom of the clamp on the inboard side of the caliper. Position the top of the clamp on the outboard brake pad. Compress the C-clamp to drive the caliper piston back into its bore.
10. Unscrew the two screws that secure the brake caliper to the steering knuckle, using a socket. Do not remove the banjo bolt that secures the hydraulic brake line to the caliper.
11. Lift the caliper off the brake disc using your hands. Do not put stress or allow the caliper to hang from the hydraulic brake hose.
12. Pull the brake pads from the caliper using your hand.
Installing the Brake Pads
13. Pull the guide pin bushings from the caliper, using your hand. These are the bushings that the caliper retaining bolts slide through.
14. Coat the outside of the guide pin bushings with a multipurpose grease before reinserting them into the brake caliper.
15. Press the new pads into position in the brake caliper. Be sure the steel clip on the inboard pad fits into the caliper piston. Fit the steel clip on the outboard pad over the tabs on the outside of the caliper.
16. Drop the caliper into position over the brake pad.
17. Screw in the two bolts that secure the caliper to the steering knuckle, using a socket.
Installing the Wheels
18. Lift the wheels onto the lug studs, and screw on the lug nuts using a lug wrench.
19. Lower the vehicle.
20. Retighten the lug nuts using a lug wrench.
21. Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir. Add brake fluid as necessary.
22. Pump the brake pedal until pressure builds in the brake system (five to seven times). This will reset the pistons inside the brake calipers.
23. Check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir. Add brake fluid as necessary.
Tips & Warnings
* While the calipers are removed check them and replace if you see any signs of brake fluid leaks.
* Brake fluid can damage the paint on your vehicle.
How many 3s in 313433535333?
Is it true that one human year is equal to seven dog years?
The more you take the more you leave behind what am I?
What is half of 74?
when There is no requirement to take action to identify and discipline those responsible for the unauthorized disclosure of Controlled Unclassified Information?
Is 13 cm or 13 mm greater?
How many games did Nancy Zerg win on Jeopardy after she beat ken Jennings?
How many fifths are in 6 tenths?
How did the Wiffle Ball get its name?
Do schools still teach cursive writing?
Can eggs break inside a chicken?
Why do books come out in hardback first?
What happens when a beehive gets too full?
What is the difference between an optometrist and an ophthalmologist?
How can you tell when someone's lying?
Why do some people celebrate Christmas in July?
What is the setting in the story creole democracy?
Which of the following best describes what is required to be reported to congress?
What makes dr sadao comment 'this man must have extraordinary vitality?
What is a classified data spill or negligent discharge of classified information?
Did Jim Quinn leave occ?
What does 692K mean?
What is APA Treas 310?
Why did the professor start off with a brief overview of emerging challenges?
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.