Cars & Vehicles
Auto Parts and Repairs
Chevy Blazer

How do you change the alternator on a 1998 Chevy Blazer?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-10-21 23:33:40

1st remove negative battery cable from battery. then remove electrical connectors from alternator with ratchet, rotate tentioner pully to remove belt. (near top/center of belt) remove support bracket and mounting bolts and it's off.


Your Answer

Related Questions

can you change the alternator belt in a 1998 Chevy metro from under the car.

1998 Chevrolet Blazer did not have vent windows.


I need diagram for 1998 chevy blazer fuse panel

Will a 2000 blazer transmission fit a 1998 s 10 chevy 4x4 truck

The fuel gauge fuse on 1998 Chevy blazer is located in the front of the blazer. It is on the driver side next to the hook latch.

NO it will not. They are complete DIFFERENT designs. Will NOT interchange.

The 1998 Chevrolet Astro Van voltage regulator is part of the alternator. The voltage regulator cannot be individually changed. You will need to change the entire alternator.

1998 chevy blazer wont start good spark and good fuel presure

The oil cap on a 1998 Chevy Blazer is located on the passenger side of the motor. It is just to the left of the manifold cover.

The fuse box for the fuel gauge on 1998 Chevy blazer is located on the driver side. It is near the hook latch.

The oil pressure switch on a 1998 Chevy Blazer is on the side of the engine block. It is located above the oil filter.

When owning a car, a person should know the ins and outs of the vehicle. The 1998 Chevy Blazer does have the rack and pinion steering.?æ

The tire jack is located in the rear inside of your Chevy blazer. The jack can be found in a side compartment.

P235/70/R15Chevy Blazer 4WD 2DRwhat is the tallest tire i can put on this 1998 s-10 blazer without causing any problems? thank you

I'm sure it will, But you need to measure both of them first.

Check out this site

The transmission dipstick on a 1998 Blazer should be located at the rear of the engine. It should not be near the oil dipstick.

The ERG valve is located on the front of the engine on a 1998 Chevy Blazer V6 4.3L. It is near the top bolted to the intake manifold.

To change the alternator on a 1998 Chrysler Concorde, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. Then loosen the two bolts that hold the alternator in place. Pull out the alternator and replace.

In most cases, you will find the speed shift sensor for your 1998 Chevy Blazer located on the backside of your transfer case. The transfer case is located on the transmission.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.